VR Game SWORDS of GARGANTUA Announces Plans to Launch Tesseract Abyss 2 Expansion August 5
Prepare to blast and slash with the brand new Tesseract Abyss 2 update, coming soon for Oculus Quest and PCVR!
TOKYO – July 6, 2021 – Thirdverse revealed today that the Tesseract Abyss 2 update would be coming soon to its renowned VR sword-action game SWORDS of GARGANTUA. In December 2019, Thirdverse released the original Tesseract Abyss Adventure Mode expansion to much fanfare and rave reviews. This newest expansion, Tesseract Abyss 2, will be sure to provide SWORDS of GARGANTUA players with hours of sword-wielding multiplayer battle!
Fans can check out a teaser featuring the upcoming expansion here http://bit.ly/SwordsGargantua
In the Tesseract Abyss 2 update, players will be faced with three new enemies – including a massive new foe, Galossus – while traversing through newly designed, more challenging and strategic battles that will put even the strongest warriors to the test. Tesseract Abyss puts players into the deepest layers of the 4D space known as the “Tesseract”. By using weapons and coins earned by playing this mode, players (single or multiplayer) will be able to continue into the abyss, gradually becoming stronger through equipment and abilities.
Masaru Ohnogi, Co-Founder and CBO of Thirdverse, said: “We have a very active and deeply dedicated community, and through their direct feedback we created Tesseract Abyss 2, featuring more challenges and enemies than ever before. Additionally, we heard from players that one of the most attractive features of the game is our sword combat, so we really pushed ourselves to create the best sword combat system and overall gaming experience for our current players as well as newcomers to SWORDS of GARGANTUA, and we can’t wait to see how players respond when we launch in August.”
SWORDS of GARGANTUA is a VR sword-action game you can experience in single-player mode or online co-op with up to 3 other players on Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive, HTC VIVE COSMOS, Valve Index and Windows Mixed Reality devices. Players make use of various weapons and abilities to take on difficult battles along their journey. A wide variety of weapons are available, including one and two-handed swords, axes, maces, boomerangs, shields, and more. While in-game, players can use voice chat to communicate with fellow warriors while taking on enemies.
- New Challenges in Tesseract Abyss 2: Defeat three new enemies while traversing through the new, more challenging battles that await you in the Abyss.
- Realistic VR Swordsmanship: Swing, stab, crush and parry. Wield dozens of discoverable weapons and fight your way through 101 floors of enemies hell bent on stopping you from reaching the colossal end-boss, Gargantua.
- Rogue-lite Action: Each play through gives different floor advancement choices along the way; play it safe, but it’ll take more battles to reach the end, or skip to a deeper level and be cursed with major disadvantages and debuffs while fighting tougher enemies.
- Character Progression: Keep all the weapons, items, coins and stat upgrades collected through each play permanently. Take excess weapons and combine them to make stronger versions to aid in progressively difficult battles.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Play with up to three other adventurers. Call the shots with native voice chat and defeat the mighty Gargantua.
Play SWORDS of GARGANTUA on the following platforms:
Oculus Rift: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2001971263187898
Oculus Quest: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/3064046640291676/
Follow SWORDS of GARGANTUA:
Official Website: http://www.gargantuavr.com
About Thirdverse Inc.
Founded in 2020, Thirdverse Inc. (formerly Yomuneco, Inc.) is a virtual reality game development, distribution and management company based out of Tokyo, Japan. In 2019, the studio released the world’s first VR multiplayer sword-fighting action game, SWORDS of GARGANTUA. Thirdverse is also currently promoting the “Thirdverse Plan”, aiming to create a “Third Space” in the virtual metaverse. For more information visit https://www.thirdverse.io/.
- VFX Supervisor Kyle Odermatt Talks the Making of ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’
- ftrack Studio has a ton of new features
- 13th Annual Kidscreen Awards Announces Winners for 2022
- Celebrating a decade of ftrack
- Unreal inSiggraph2022
- Smartphones top the rankings of the most widely used gaming platforms in Germany
- TOMY International Announces Leadership Changes
- Launch of Kloa: Child of the Forest on Kickstarter