Warner Bros. Discovery Announces Major Restructuring of CP Leadership Team
He will develop animated programming alongside producing partner Adam Rosenberg
Warner Bros. Discovery has unveiled a seismic shift in the management of its massive consumer products business.
Warner, as one of the world’s largest and most successful studios, runs CP operations globally, and announced changes to reflect that reality：
Canada and the U.S. are now integrated into a new North American leadership team
- Major international regions will now be managed together under a single management team
- WBD has formed a new Global E-commerce Unit
- Other changes have been made to “bring the strengths of legacy Warner Bros. and Discovery commercial businesses together as one.”
These changes all involve the subsidiary Global Brands and Experiences (GBE), the division of Warner Bros. Discovery that encompasses the Global Consumer Products and Themed Entertainment businesses, as well as the company’s Franchise Development and Brand management. That latter group manages ‘evergreen’ brands like DC and Harry Potter, for example.
To manage these changes, GBE announced a new global leadership team for its Consumer Products business, formalizing the integration between two legacy divisions, those being Warner Bros. Consumer Products and Discovery Consumer Products.
Pam Lifford, the president of Warner Bros. Discovery Global Brands, Franchises, and Experiences says the newly combined global consumer products division will extend the company’s portfolio of brands and franchises from Warner Bros.’ film, television, animation, and games studios, HBO, Discovery, DC, Cartoon Network, HGTV, Eurosport, Adult Swim, and more into the lives of fans around the world and will complement GBE’s Franchise Development efforts to maximize long- term consumer engagement with the company’s major franchises.
- ANNECY 2024
- GIC’24 Introduces Early Bird Tickets
- TOWER OF DREAMS, COMING TO STEAM AND NINTENDO SWITCH
- ESDigital Games Reveals Steam Titles
- SelectaPlay Partners with Wiggin Industries to Create Special Boxed Editions of upcoming RPG Bestiario
- YOGSCAST GAMES PARTNER WITH HEXGUARDIAN DEVS SPLIT SECOND GAMES
- SOUTHFIELD IS BRINGING THE BUD AND FRIENDS TO STEAM NEXT FEST WITH A FIRST DEMO
- SOCIAL DEDUCTION MULTIPLAYER TITLE LAUNCHES EARLY ACCESS ON STEAM