Ventana Sur announces the special call for Pakapaka in Animation! 2021
Animation!, the exclusive animation industry section of the Latin American Audiovisual Market Ventana Sur, was born with the aim of promoting Latin American talent, which is increasingly bursting onto the world scene.
The 2021 edition will have a special call in alliance with Señal Pakapaka, the first public children’s channel in Argentina. A space that conceives boys and girls as citizens, subjects of rights, builders and thinkers of their reality, allowing them to express themselves while respecting their differences and particularities.
Pakapaka professionals will curate up to 10 projects for series and microprograms that will be pitched in front of channel executives during Ventana Sur, with the possibility of being incorporated into the signal. In turn, all those selected will receive feedback from the experts, which will provide them with tools to nurture the project and access new funding and distribution opportunities.
Latin American animation projects in the development stage are eligible to participate.
– Projects of series with episodes of 5 to 15 minutes in length.
– Projects of microprograms with episodes of 1 to 4 minutes in length.
They must be aimed at children in one of the following age groups: up to 6 years old or from 7 to 10 years old.
Registration will be open until October 31 by completing the following form:
- Amazon Prime Video to localise in key SE Asia markets
- Dongbuzhou Incubation Project
- [Gamescom] Try 2 ARTE games!
- CICF and AGF 2022
- GDC 2023 Welcomes New Members To Advisory Board
- Uproar in Heaven, 4K restoration version
- Omid Rahmat Joins Jon Peddie Research as EVP
- Nintendo Buys Animation Studio That Worked On Death Stranding