The Hidden Child is the 78th Venice International Film Festival’s Closing Movie
The Hidden Child by Roberto Andò is the 78th Venice International Film Festival’s Closing Movie
The World premiere will take place on September 11th after the Award CeremonyAuthor and director Roberto Andò returns to the Venice Film Festival with The Hidden Child (Il Bambino Nascosto), the movie adaptation of his own 2020 novel.
official selection, The Hidden Child is given the honor to be the closing movie at the festival which will run from September 1st to 11th. The movie will officially premiere worldwide on September 11th.
In a poor neighborhood of Naples, a young boy named Ciro has been witness of an execution and is searched by the local criminal organization, his family and the whole community. The boy finds shelter in the apartment of an elderly man, Gabriele, a quiet and educated piano teacher. The relationship between the two seems to be conflicting at first: Ciro has a wildly fierce and impetuous nature; Gabriele is a solitary soul who hides frustrations and secret passions. While the two try to get along with each other, Gabriele starts taking dangerous decisions which could lead the two either to death or freedom.
The cast of The Hidden Child is led by renewed Italian actor Silvio Orlando (The New Pope, 2020). The role of Ciro is played by Giuseppe Pirozzi (Martin Eden, 2019). The film features a cast of internationally renewed Italian talents, as Lino Musella (The Beast, 2020) and Salvatore Striano (Gomorrah, 2008), as as well as a special appearance by Roberto Herlitzka (The Great Beauty, 2013).
- Annie Awards 2024: Call For Entries Now Open
- BCON tickets are available now!
- Eggy Party Officially Launches In SEA Region Alongside Brand New “Rock and Roll” Seasonal Event
- TTB & ATF Animation Lab & Pitch
- VMware and NVIDIA Unlock Generative AI for Enterprises
- Ubisoft Signs Deal for Streaming Call of Duty and Other Activision Blizzard Games
- Two Truths and a Lie about Deceit 2
- Lost Light Announces Season 7 Updates and North America Firefly Showdown