‘Skull Island’ Netflix Anime Series Sets June 2023 Release Date
Legendary Television’s King Kong animated series, Skull Island, will premiere on Netflix globally on June 22nd, 2023.
Netflix revealed the release date for the highly-anticipated animated series , along with details about the star-studded voice cast and the plot of the series that is loosely based on the 2017 film Kong: Skull Island, which is part of Legendary’s MonsterVerse franchise. On May 23rd, 2023, Netflix Geeked released the first teaser trailer and the first poster for the new series
SKULL ISLAND adventure anime is a new epic chapter in the overall Legendary’s Monsterverse franchise. The plot follows shipwrecked characters desperate to survive the most dangerous place on Earth, the island that is home to colossal monsters, including the iconic “megaprimatus” Kong.
Skull Island is created, written and executive produced by Brian Duffield, who previously produced Cocaine Bear and wrote the screenplay for the post-apocalyptic thriller Love and Monsters. The animation was produced by Powerhouse Animation Studios, which was responsible for two other Netflix animated shows, Castlevania and Blood of Zeus — both of which were done in an anime format. It was also responsible for developing Sonic Frontiers Prologue: Divergence, a Knuckles the Echidna-centric animated short film that served as a prologue for Sonic Frontiers.
- Annie Awards 2024: Call For Entries Now Open
- BCON tickets are available now!
- Eggy Party Officially Launches In SEA Region Alongside Brand New “Rock and Roll” Seasonal Event
- TTB & ATF Animation Lab & Pitch
- VMware and NVIDIA Unlock Generative AI for Enterprises
- Ubisoft Signs Deal for Streaming Call of Duty and Other Activision Blizzard Games
- Two Truths and a Lie about Deceit 2
- Lost Light Announces Season 7 Updates and North America Firefly Showdown