NVIDIA Makes Free Version of Omniverse Available to Millions of Individual Creators and Artists Worldwide
Bolstered by new features and tools, NVIDIA’s real-time 3D design collaboration and simulation platform is now generally available to NVIDIA GeForce Studio creators with RTX GPUs.
The culmination of over 20 years of NVIDIA’s groundbreaking work, Omniverse brings graphics, AI, simulation and scalable compute into a single platform to enhance existing 3D workflows.
Designed to be the foundation that connects virtual worlds, NVIDIA Omniverse is now available to millions of individual NVIDIA Studio creators using GeForce RTX and NVIDIA RTX GPUs.
In a special address at CES, NVIDIA also announced new platform developments for Omniverse Machinima and Omniverse Audio2Face, new platform features like Nucleus Cloud and 3D marketplaces, as well as ecosystem updates.
New features within Omniverse include:
Omniverse Nucleus Cloud enables “one-click-to-collaborate” simple sharing of large Omniverse 3D scenes, meaning artists can collaborate from across the room or the globe without transferring massive datasets. Changes made by the artist are reflected back to the client — like working on a cloud-shared document — but for a 3D scene.
New support for the Omniverse ecosystem provided by leading 3D marketplaces and digital asset libraries gives creators an even easier way to build their scenes. TurboSquid by Shutterstock, CGTrader, Sketchfab and Twinbru have released thousands of Omniverse-ready assets for creators, all based on Universal Scene Description (USD) format, and are found directly in the Omniverse Launcher. Reallusion’s ActorCore, Daz3D and e-on software’s PlantCatalog will soon release their own Omniverse-ready assets.
Omniverse Machinima for RTX creators who love to game — now featuring new, free characters, objects and environments from leading game titles like Mechwarrior 5 and Shadow Warrior 3, plus Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and Squad assets in the Machinima library. Creators can remix and recreate their own game cinematics with these assets by dragging and dropping them into their scenes.
Omniverse Audio2Face, a revolutionary AI-enabled app that instantly animates a 3D face with just an audio track, now offers blendshape support and direct export to Epic’s MetaHuman Creator app. This leaves the tedious, manual blend-shaping process to AI, so artists and creators can spend more time on their creative workflows.
Omniverse Ecosystem Expands
The NVIDIA Omniverse ecosystem expands with new Omniverse Connectors, extensions and asset libraries — built by many partners.
With Omniverse, NVIDIA’s real-time 3D design collaboration and virtual world simulation platform, artists, designers and creators can use leading design applications to create 3D assets and scenes from their laptop or workstation. Omniverse connects these independent 3D design worlds into a shared virtual scene.
With Omniverse, free for individual users, GeForce RTX Studio creators can connect their favorite 3D design tools to a single scene and simultaneously create and edit between the apps.
The latest Omniverse Connectors, extensions, and asset libraries include:
- e-on software’s VUE, an all-in-one application that allows users to create digital 3D nature, from skies and volumetric clouds to terrains, large-scale ecosystems, wind-swept vegetation populations, open water bodies, roads and rocks — all based on nature’s rules – and includes a native Omniverse live link connector that will sync all scene modifications directly to Omniverse stages.
- e-on software’s PlantFactory, a vegetation application that allows modeling of foliage as small as twigs or as big as giant redwood trees from scratch. It also models animation like wind and permits asset export in a wide variety of formats, including a direct link from PlantFactory to Omniverse.
- e-on software’s PlantCatalog, which provides a collection of over 120 ready-made procedural vegetation assets.
- Twinbru, a “digital twin of physical fabric” provider that supplies interior and exterior furnishing fabrics for drapery, sheers, curtains and upholstery applications, offering 21,000 different fabrics and 11,000 digitized fabric twins — all high quality and physically accurate — now integrated into Omniverse to help streamline manufacturing and architectural designs.
Creators can download NVIDIA Omniverse for free, submit their work to the NVIDIA Omniverse gallery, and find resources through our forums, Medium, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, Instagram and Discord server
- Stage 32 + Netflix Present: Television Pitch Workshop
- Summer Game Fest
- ZEISS CinCraft Mapper Delivers Precise Lens Data for Efficient VFX Workflows
- Dr. Russell Campbell On Returning In-Person To Teach Shader Programming
- RTL looks to build cross-media streaming giant
- Tokyo Announces Tokyo Animation Pitch Grand Prix Winners!
- German mobile games market grows by 22 per cent