Moonbug and Disney Form Agreement for “Morphle”
Moonbug and Disney Form First Agreement for New Kid’s Series ‘Morphle’
Moonbug Entertainment has announced an agreement with Disney Branded Television to create a new CG original series, Morphle, based on the hit short-form My Magic Pet Morphle. The 52×7-episode comedy adventure series will debut in 2024 exclusively on Disney+ and Disney Junior globally, excluding China. Disney will also launch episodes of My Magic Pet Morphle on its platforms. This strategic partnership is the first creation and distribution agreement of its kind between the two leaders in kid’s entertainment.
Moonbug was acquired last year in a $3 billion deal by Candle Media, a next-generation media roll-up venture headed by former Disney execs Kevin Mayer and Tom Staggs and backed by private-equity firm Blackstone. Moonbug is headed by CEO René Rechtman, previously Disney’s international head of digital studios.
“The agreement with Disney Branded Television is a significant milestone for the Morphle brand and recognizes Moonbug Entertainment’s continued growth within the kids’ market,” Yeatman said. “We are excited to expand our original content initiatives and bring the fun and fantastical Morphle universe to more families around the world.”
Jane Gould, executive vice president, Content Research, Insights & Scheduling, Disney General Entertainment said; “This inaugural partnership with Moonbug Entertainment for this new iteration of Morphle is a welcome venture for us. The characters and stories from this beloved franchise have delighted and entertained kids and families for more than a decade and the sensational combination of magic and adventure is the perfect fit for our Disney Junior and Disney+ audiences.”
Arthur van Merwijk is the creator of the short-form series My Magic Pet Morphle. The new Morphle series was co-developed by Mark Palmer (Hello Ninja) and Consulting Producer Jill Sanford (Go! Go! Cory Carson). Nick Confalone (Helpsters) serves as Story Editor.
- Sony Music Teams Up With Soccer Star Lionel Messi for New Animated Series
- Slay the Spire Meets Peggle in Peglin
- DOCK10 APPOINTS DR. FLORIAN BLOCK AS R&D LEAD, AI & IMMERSIVE
- SILO will open the Cannes International Series Festival
- CONSULTATION, BUDGET AND VISION: TAX INCENTIVES FOR VFX AND ANIMATION?
- Mighty Bear Games Expands Headcount to Accelerate Adoption of Decentralized Gaming
- Funko Games Announces New Slate of Disney Board Games in Spring 2023
- 3Dconnexion Set to Make First-Time Splash at Game Developer Conference