Moonbug Acquires Singapore’s One Animation, The Studio Behind ‘Oddbods’
UK-based Cocomelon outfit Moonbug Entertainment has acquired One Animation, the Singapore-based media company and production studio behind children’s animation Oddbods.
The Rene Rechtman-led Moonbug plans to expand Oddbods’ global distribution reach and grow the brand into new formats, products and experiences. One Animation’s team will join Moonbug, but will remain in Singapore and continue developing and producing their current slate of shows.
Oddbods is a non-dialogue animated show following seven very individual and quirky friends as they survive the perils of everyday life, where ordinary situations spiral into extraordinary events.
One Animation, led by CEO Sashim Parmanand, was founded in 2008 and is also behind shows including Antiks, Insectibles and Rob The Robot.
“We continue on our strategy to find the best kids shows in the world and bring them into our portfolio,” said Rechtman. “One Animation’s creative storytelling and international appeal provide us with stronger credentials as we continue on our journey to be the leading digital-first kids’ entertainment company in the world.”
The acquisition of One Animation is part of Moonbug’s plans to acquire existing children’s content that it can then build into global franchises. Oddbods joins a slate that includes popular brands such as CocoMelon, Blippi and Little Baby Bum, as well as Moonbug’s other recent acquisition, YouTube brand Little Angel.
- Genshin Impact anime project with ufotable announced
- The path to sustainable animation with Mush-Mush & the Mushables
- CAKE PARTNERS WITH FEMALE-LED STUDIO KUKUA ON YOUTUBE HIT SUPER SEMA
- The Last Worker
- Shin Ultra Fight morphs 70s-style monster suits with real-time tools
- Add-in board unit sales experience a significant correction from Q1, yet still see growth year over
- Venice Film Fest’s VR Section Rebrands As Venice Immersive
- Is the game “Sheep A Sheep” playable?