MEDIAWAN RIGHTS LAUNCHES ITS METAVERSE
The Mediawan Group is taking its first steps into Web3 with the launch of its Metaverse, named Metawan. The virtual space, specially designed for the Mediawan Rights team, offers a new and creative experience to buyers around the world.
In an increasingly dynamic market, witnessing the continuous development of new international productions, the Mediawan Group is innovating to promote its programs. A new virtual era is beginning and with it, comes the opportunity to support the inherent transformations of the distributor’s profession.
Metawan is a virtual space created for Mediawan Rights*. Easy to access from a browser, buyers can connect, discover the new releases in the catalog and communicate with the teams. From the welcome zone, users can choose to teleport to one of the five rooms of their choice, corresponding to the different genres of the catalog: Documentary, Drama (Francophone and International territories), Unscripted and Animation. Within these different spaces, they will be able to discover the new programs that will be launched at the next MIPCOM.
A new immersive digital experience which can be preview before MIPCOM, where the teams will be present on site (booth P3.B38). Many programs will be presented. Among them:
The Golden Hour (NL Films), Stranded (Rai Fiction – Eliseo Entertainment), Darknet Shores (White
Lion Films/Mediawan), That Dirty Black Bag (Palomar/Mediawan), Euforia (Veranda/Mediawan), Gaïaland (Imagissime /Mediawan), Odyssey: behind the myth (Kepach), Barnz Kids (La Station
/Mediawan), Miraculous – Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir (Method Animation/ZAG/Mediawan) and The Little Prince and Friends (Method Animation/Mediawan).
Valérie Vleeschhouwer, Managing Director of Mediawan Rights: “The distribution business has constantly been reinventing itself and integrating new skills over the last few years. We are proud to be innovative with this new digital tool, which represents real added value for Mediawan Rights and its content.”
To get to Metawan:
* Created by the Swipe Back agency
About Mediawan Rights – rightsmediawan.com
With Mediawan Rights, LS Distribution and Telmondis Distribution, Mediawan is one of the biggest players in Europe for the distribution and international co-production of content, with a diverse catalogue containing about 20,000 hours of programming. The success of the Group’s distribution business relies on its unique positioning:
– A one-stop shop with all genres represented : legacy drama, high-end successful series and movies, feature films, documentaries, live performances, but also the biggest brands in animation
– A close collaboration with the producers so as to support them in the development and research of financing for ambitious coproduction projects
– Close connections with the largest broadcasters and platforms, as well as renowned partners, in France and globally
- ANNECY 2024
- GIC’24 Introduces Early Bird Tickets
- TOWER OF DREAMS, COMING TO STEAM AND NINTENDO SWITCH
- ESDigital Games Reveals Steam Titles
- SelectaPlay Partners with Wiggin Industries to Create Special Boxed Editions of upcoming RPG Bestiario
- YOGSCAST GAMES PARTNER WITH HEXGUARDIAN DEVS SPLIT SECOND GAMES
- SOUTHFIELD IS BRINGING THE BUD AND FRIENDS TO STEAM NEXT FEST WITH A FIRST DEMO
- SOCIAL DEDUCTION MULTIPLAYER TITLE LAUNCHES EARLY ACCESS ON STEAM