MEDIAWAN RIGHTS CONFIRMS EUROPEAN DEALS FOR ITS POWERFUL DRAMA IP, ZORRO
Photo Credit: MPP/Olivier Huitel
The first episode of the highly anticipated show was presented during an event opening screening at MIPCOM Cannes in the presence of lead actors Miguel Bernardeau, Renata Notni and Dalia Xiuhcoatl.
Mediawan Rights is proud to confirm agreements for the drama series with key European buyers. M6 group in France, Mediaset in Italy, DPG Media for VTM channels in Flemish Belgium and RTL KLUB in Hungary, among others, will bring the hero back in their respective territories, almost two decades after its last appearance on screen. Other deals are in negotiations.
Zorro’s big comeback on television is an event like no other. The internationally renowned production is a modern adaptation of the adventures of one of the greatest heroes of all time, adapting it for a new generation while keeping the IP’s core DNA.
Mediawan Rights has consistently supported powerful IPs, and today the distribution arm of Mediawan is strengthening this strategy with a bigger capacity of investment in high-end projects, thanks to a partnership with Entourage Ventures. Zorro fits perfectly Mediawan’s goal to invest in such productions and give to creation the means of its ambition.
Produced by Secuoya Studios, Zorro will start airing during the first quarter of 2024 on Amazon Prime Video (US, Latin America, Spain, Andorra and Portugal). Mediawan Rights distributes the series worldwide outside of Prime Video’s commissioning territories.
Valérie Vleeschhouwer, Managing Director of Mediawan Rights, says:
“We are thrilled with these first deals for “Zorro”. It shows how strong the IP is and that this great news version will embrace a global audience all over the world.”
About Mediawan Rights
With Mediawan Rights, LS Distribution and Telmondis Distribution, Mediawan is one of the biggest players in Europe for the distribution and international co-production of content, with a diverse catalogue containing about 20,000 hours of programming. The success of the Group’s distribution business relies on its unique positioning:
– a one-stop shop with all genres represented : legacy drama, high-end successful series and movies, feature films, documentaries, live performances, but also the biggest brands in animation
– a close collaboration with the producers so as to support them in the development and research of financing for ambitious coproduction projects
– close connections with the largest broadcasters and platforms, as well as renowned partners, in France and globally
- NetEase Games Introduces Worlds Untold
- JELLYFISH PICTURES APPOINTS NEW ANIMATION GLOBAL HEAD OF PRODUCTION
- UK SCREEN ALLIANCE CELEBRATES TWO DECADES WITH 20TH ANNIVERSARY GALA DINNER
- RETURN OF THE JUNGLE!
- Sony Pictures Television – Kids Announces the Third and Final Season of ‘Hilda’
- Lexar Announces Big Deals Available Leading up to and on Black Friday with up to 60% off Select Products
- Cooler Master Offers a Global Black Friday Extravaganza of Innovations for the Tech Enthusiast
- ” Wish “