Bringing You Together with the Best Artists in Entertainment.
The 5th Annual event celebrating the artists and creators behind our favorite films, animation, games, TV shows and illustrations returns October 27-29, 2023!
This is your chance to connect with hundreds of the industry’s leading creatives behind your favorite illustrations, games, animations, and movies. Mingle, network, and share insights with thousands of fellow artists, from college art students and aspiring artists to seasoned professionals. Delve into a comprehensive 3-day schedule, offering a diverse array of incredible demos and insightful presentations. The full schedule is available now, ensuring you can plan your time to make the most of every opportunity. Whether you’re looking to learn, network, or find inspiration, LightBox Expo 2023 is the place to be. Connect with like-minded individuals, interact with industry pioneers, and immerse yourself in the rich tapestry of creativity and artistry. See you in Pasadena!
Over 200 panels, programs and demos will be featured at this year’s event!The LightBox Expo app gives access to all expo event information, including the show schedule and exhibitor list, the ability to make favorites, highlights of events and much more!
Of this year’s event, character designer, illustrator, and Expo creative director Bobby Chiu said:
We’re excited to present educational panels throughout the show that allow new and upcoming artists to hear about pathways into the industry. In addition, much of the programming allows artists of all levels to learn new tips, tricks and techniques to up their art game, making it the perfect place to come learn no matter where you are in your artistic journey.
- Join former Walt Disney Animation Studios interns in a unique inside look at our early career programs and how their internship experiences helped shape their careers in Animation. We’re pulling back the curtain on the process, the opportunity, and the experience with intimate conversation and Q&A opportunities!
- Join Associate Production Designer Griselda Sastrawinata-Lemay as she shares her artistic process and inspiration behind the costume designs for Walt Disney Animation Studios’ upcoming feature film, Wish.
- Directors Dan Abraham and Trent Correy will be joined by Producers Yvett Merino and Bradford Simonsen for this behind the scenes presentation on the making of Once Upon a Studio, Walt Disney Animation Studios’ newest short film. Filmmakers will share the creative challenges and accomplishments the teams achieved in this unique collaboration celebrating the studio’s 100 year legacy.
- Our teams want to help you put your best foot forward, with tips on networking, applying, interviewing, and more. Featuring recruiting team members from Walt Disney Animation Studios, Disney Television Animation, Lucasfilm, and Pixar.
- Action Roguelike Game “Skybreakers” Has Been Launched
- Amazon cuts games unit jobs in broader restructuring
- Lexar® Announces Professional CFexpress™ Type A Card SILVER Series and GOLD microSDXC™ UHS-II Card
- Netflix Cuts One-Third Of Feature Animation Division As Part Of Strategic Overhaul
- Moonbug and Spin Master Forge Alliance Across Licensing, Content Production and Media Management
- Wild Child Animation Taps Netflix Alum Joyce Miller
- Ravensburger Brings New Mycelia Deck-Building Game to North America