Lexar Announces New M.2 SSD with Heatsink
Lexar Announces New M.2 SSD with Heatsink – A Perfect Companion for the PlayStation® 5
The NM790 M.2 SSD delivers blazing-fast performance for hardcore PS5™ and PC gamers
A black rectangular object next to a white controller
- Compatible with PlayStation®5
- Exceptional performance of up to 7400MB/s read, 6500MB/s write1
- 2x faster than PCIe Gen 3 SSDs2
- Designed with an integrated heatsink to keep gaming rigs cool
- Up to 40% less power consumption than DRAM cache-enabled PCIe Gen 4 SSDs2
- Host Memory Buffer (HMB) 3.0 offers smooth transfer speeds and seamless performance
Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory solutions, is excited to announce the NM790 with Heatsink M.2 2280 PCIe Gen 4×4 NVMe SSD. This product release builds upon the success of its predecessor, the NM790 (without heatsink) which claimed several awards, including Best High-Capacity SSD from PC Gamer, Best High-Capacity PCI Express 4.0 SSD from PC Mag, Best Dram-less SSD 2023 from Tom’s Hardware, and more.
This new version of the NM790 is designed for PS5 and PC gaming rigs and delivers even more performance – 7400MB/s sequential read, 6500MB/s sequential write1, with random read and write speeds of up to 1,100K IOPs. The addition of an integrated heatsink keeps things running smoothly even at full throttle, ensuring that systems stay cool and maintain speed, power efficiency, and thermal control for sustained high-performance on both PlayStation® 5 and PCs.
“We are thrilled to offer gamers a powerful SSD with an integrated heatsink that allows players to squeeze the full performance out of their PlayStation 5 gaming systems while keeping their consoles cool,” said Joey Lopez, Director of Marketing.
The NM790 with Heatsink M.2 2280 PCIe Gen 4×4 NVMe SSD is available now and is compatible with PlayStation 5 as well as desktop and laptop PCs. The 1TB capacity is offered at an MSRP of $79.99 – $71.99 promotional price; the 2TB is offered at an MSRP of $149.99 – $134.99 promotional price; and the 4TB is offered at an MSRP of $229.99 – $206.99 promotional price.
For more than 25 years, Lexar has been trusted as a leading global brand of memory solutions. Our award-winning lineup includes memory cards, USB Flash Drives, card readers, solid-state drives, and DRAM. With so many options, it’s easy to find the right Lexar solution to fit your needs.
- Up to 7400MB/s read transfer, up to 6500MB/s write. Speeds based on internal testing. Actual performance may vary.
- Comparison based on internal testing. Actual performance may vary.
- AI Aideo Generation Will Usher In The Era Of GPT ?
- Onmyoji’s New SSR Izanami Arrives with the Divinity’s Doom Event!
- Infinite Lagrange Adds New Ships & Gameplay Features In November 2023 Update
- Manga Productions strikes a deal with popular anime series
- Bring Your Game To The Industry’s Front Door: GDC Pitch Is Back!
- Stefan Heikhaus to be new Director of gamescom
- GDC 2024 Session Viewer Is Live: Check Out These Must-See Talks