Intel Names Matt Poirier Senior Vice President of Corporate Development
Poirier will leverage corporate development experience to accelerate Intel’s IDM 2.0 strategy and strengthen its leadership role.
Intel Corporation announced that Matt Poirier has been appointed senior vice president of corporate development, effective May 30, 2022. Poirier has more than 20 years of leadership, finance and corporate development experience with a focus on mergers, acquisitions and integration, including most recently as senior vice president of strategy and corporate development at AMD.
“Matt is a dynamic and proven strategic leader who combines deep experience across all facets of corporate development with significant knowledge of the semiconductor industry,” Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger said. “I look forward to partnering with Matt to accelerate our strategy and ensure we have the capabilities to achieve our ambitious goal of unquestioned leadership in every category in which we compete.”
Poirier will lead Intel’s corporate development team responsible for advancing and accelerating Intel’s business through strategic merger and acquisition opportunities in close partnership with the executive leadership team and Intel’s board of directors. Poirier will join the company’s executive leadership team and report to Gelsinger.
“For decades, Intel has played an essential role in the global technology ecosystem and is now embarking on a historic transformation that will improve its leadership position supporting customers and partners around the world,” Poirier said. “I’m excited to join Intel’s phenomenal leadership team and to partner with Pat and our board of directors to deliver significant long-term value for our shareholders as we advance our IDM 2.0 strategy and reshape the semiconductor industry.”
Prior to joining AMD, Poirier was senior vice president of corporate development and investor relations at Xilinx. Before that, he spent nearly a decade in technology investment banking covering the semiconductor industry. Prior to his graduate studies, Poirier served in leadership positions as an officer in the U.S. Navy for more than six years. Poirier holds a Master of Business Administration from UCLA and a Bachelor of Science degree from the U.S. Naval Academy.
- Cyber Group Studios Joins Forces with Nippon Animation to Co-Produce Feature-Length Film Based on Classic Japanese Series, Tico and Friends
- SHOOTING BEGINS FOR ZED’S NEW IN-HOUSE PRODUCTION NORMANDY: LAND OF WARRIORS ORIGINAL SERIES COMMISSIONED BY CURIOSITY
- At SIGGRAPH 2022 Digital Art Takes Center Stage With Gallery Experience, Featured Speaker Session
- Cyber Group Studios and Splash Entertainment Form CyberSplash Entertainment
- ROYAL SHAKESPEARE COMPANY CELEBRATES LAUNCH OF STAGE ADAPTATION OF MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO
- NACON CONNECT WILL TAKE PLACE JULY 7, 2022
- Lakea, BAYZ and Animus together at BIG Festival 2022!
- the Ibero-American Animation League