How to Create a Power-Efficient Data Center With DPUs
Pursue Sustainability and Cost Savings
Power efficiency is increasingly important in data centers due to rising electricity costs and a desire for sustainability. Learn how a data processing unit (DPU) can improve data center efficiency, lower server power consumption up to 30 percent, and lead to a more sustainable future while saving you money.
Join NVIDA online conference on Thursday, February 2, for a webinar on data center energy efficiency and cost savings. Let’s explore the best ways to combat rising electricity costs, how to make the most of power supply constraints, and encourage the urgent need for sustainability.
By attending this webinar, you’ll learn:
- Five ways to deal with rising electricity prices and power supply constraints
- How a data processing unit (DPU) can help you save thousands or millions in capital and energy costs
- Why improving data center power-usage effectiveness (PUE) isn’t enough and why servers must become more power efficient
- Four examples of workloads that can be offloaded to a DPU to improve power efficiency
Speaker: John F. Kim
Director of Storage Marketing, NVIDIA
John is director of storage marketing at NVIDIA, where he helps customers and vendors benefit from high-performance network connections, smart network interface card (SmartNIC) offloads, and remote direct-memory access (RDMA), especially in the areas of storage, big data, and artificial intelligence. A frequent blogger, conference speaker, and webcast presenter, John is also chair of the Storage Networking Industry Association’s Networking Storage Forum (SNIA NSF). After starting his high tech career at an IT help desk and as a network administrator, John worked in solution marketing, product management, and alliances for enterprise software companies and then at enterprise storage vendors NetApp and EMC. He joined Mellanox in 2013 and then NVIDIA in 2020.
- ANNECY 2024
- GIC’24 Introduces Early Bird Tickets
- TOWER OF DREAMS, COMING TO STEAM AND NINTENDO SWITCH
- ESDigital Games Reveals Steam Titles
- SelectaPlay Partners with Wiggin Industries to Create Special Boxed Editions of upcoming RPG Bestiario
- YOGSCAST GAMES PARTNER WITH HEXGUARDIAN DEVS SPLIT SECOND GAMES
- SOUTHFIELD IS BRINGING THE BUD AND FRIENDS TO STEAM NEXT FEST WITH A FIRST DEMO
- SOCIAL DEDUCTION MULTIPLAYER TITLE LAUNCHES EARLY ACCESS ON STEAM