Garfield gets a 2024 release date
Sony Pictures have given Garfield， the world’s most famous fat cat， a date on which he can crawl from his bed onto the big-screen with the studio setting a February 16th, 2024 release for Jim Davis’ iconic feline.
This animation feature is directed by Mark Dindal (Cats Don’t Dance, Emperor’s New Groove), who re-teams with writer David Reynolds (Finding Nemo). The two previously worked together on Emperor’s New Groove.
the film will also star Samuel L. Jackson as a brand-new character to the Garfield universe, Vic, who is the father of the orange feline. The plot that will bring Garfield’s father back into his life remains under wraps. Although no other cast members have been announced, the film will presumably feature classic characters from the franchise, including his owner Jon Arbuckle and dim-witted puppy Odie.
DENG Animation is handling the animation, and the film is financed by feature film rights-owner Alcon Entertainment with Sony Pictures to distribute globally (excluding China). Producers are John Cohen, Tom Jacomb, Broderick Johnson, Andrew A. Kosove, Namit Malhotra, and Steven P. Wegner.
- Young people prefer niche digital products
- Education hardware market
- Blender 3.3 LTS release
- Cinesite Acquires Majority Stake in FX3X
- Animation! and the children’s channel Pakapaka join forces to promote Latin American talent
- From Pop-Up Store to Global Brand: King of Retail Releases on September 14th!
- Check out this exclusive Mahokenshi gameplay shown at PAX West!
- Accelerate Quantum Finance with cuQuantum and QODA