FUNKO Hires Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Far East
Funko has announced that Michael Hyde is joining the company as senior vice president and managing director, Funko Far East. Hyde will report to Andrew Perlmutter, chief executive officer, Funko.
Hyde was previously at The Character Group managing operations in the Far East. He started in the toy business at Mattel in brand management, marketing and product development. Hyde also serves on the board of governors of ICTI Ethical Toy Program.
In his new position, he will work in conjunction with the product team and Asia sales team to expand Funko’s footprint on the ground in Asia.
Related:Trevor Edwards to Join Funko Board of Directors
Hyde, who will be based in Hong Kong and Dongguan, China, has lived in Asia for more than 19 years and speaks Mandarin Chinese.
- Shin Ultra Fight morphs 70s-style monster suits with real-time tools
- Add-in board unit sales experience a significant correction from Q1, yet still see growth year over
- Venice Film Fest’s VR Section Rebrands As Venice Immersive
- Is the game “Sheep A Sheep” playable?
- 50 years of humanoid robots
- RWBY: Ice Queendom Reveals English Dub Start Date With New Trailer
- The Metaverse event will be held in SVN West, San Franciscoon October 4, 2022.
- The new 8BitDo Ultimate controller will be released in October