“FIRST OSCAR” DEBUTS TRAILER
Major Russian distributor Central Partnership (a part of Gazprom-Media) debuts the trailer for First Oscar by Sergey Mokritskiy (Battle for Sevastopol), a new WWII drama set to premiere on March 24, 2022. The title is produced by Natalia Mokritskaya (Jumpman, Zoology, Battle for Sevastopol, Corrections Class, Playing the Victim).
The movie is inspired by the true story of the making of “Moscow Strikes Back”, a documentary film directed by Ilya Kopalin and Leonid Varlamov that was shot and produced in an unprecedentedly short timeframe. It won an Oscar for Best Documentary Feature at the 1943 Academy Award ceremony, the first such event ever to give awards for documentaries.
The film follows two student cinematographers who, as the war approaches Moscow, refuse to be evacuated and instead volunteer to be front-line cameramen capturing the horrors of war and heroism of the Soviet soldiers. At the same time, we witness another storyline taking place in the US. After the premiere screening of the already completed documentary “Moscow Strikes Back”, one of the members of the Academy Awards selection committee is trying to persuade his fellow colleagues to establish a new category of Best Documentary in the upcoming Oscars event.
The trailer is available here：
- VFX Supervisor Kyle Odermatt Talks the Making of ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’
- ftrack Studio has a ton of new features
- 13th Annual Kidscreen Awards Announces Winners for 2022
- Celebrating a decade of ftrack
- Unreal inSiggraph2022
- Smartphones top the rankings of the most widely used gaming platforms in Germany
- TOMY International Announces Leadership Changes
- Launch of Kloa: Child of the Forest on Kickstarter