CALL FOR ANIMATION ARTISTS: MAKE A FILM WITH THE NATIONAL FILM BOARD OF CANADA ANIMATION STUDIO
The National Film Board of Canada (NFB) is seeking submissions from emerging animation creators for the 14th edition of Hothouse. This edition will offer a three-month paid mentorship in all-inclusive, real-world animation filmmaking, in the unique tradition of NFB animation.
We’re looking for six new talents who are willing and able to jump head-first into this intensive experience.
The theme this year is: “Small Things Considered.”
Hothouse is about reimagining ways of making animation—ways that are faster and more flexible, and that embrace the many possibilities of the animation process while achieving creative and technical excellence.
Producer: Maral Mohammadian
Associate Producer: Anne Koizumi
Mentoring Director: Andrea Dorfman
NFB Animation & Interactive Studio team
Hothouse 14 production crew
About this edition
Hothouse 14 is available to participants working in the location of their choice, anywhere in Canada. Participants who reside close to the NFB offices in Montreal or Vancouver are welcome to work from there if they wish. Most of the program will be conducted remotely. To the best of our ability, equipment will be provided to all participants.
All participants must be willing and able to travel to Montreal for one week of orientation, September 25–29, 2023, and again for one week of post-production, December 11–15, 2023. Travel will be
arranged and paid for by the NFB.
- AI Aideo Generation Will Usher In The Era Of GPT ?
- Onmyoji’s New SSR Izanami Arrives with the Divinity’s Doom Event!
- Infinite Lagrange Adds New Ships & Gameplay Features In November 2023 Update
- Manga Productions strikes a deal with popular anime series
- Bring Your Game To The Industry’s Front Door: GDC Pitch Is Back!
- Stefan Heikhaus to be new Director of gamescom
- GDC 2024 Session Viewer Is Live: Check Out These Must-See Talks