BattleGoat Studios Announces Supreme Ruler 2030 Release Date
BattleGoat Studios is very excited to announce July 25th 2023 as the official release date for our upcoming title Supreme Ruler 2030. Supreme Ruler 2030 is a next generation Geopolitical Real-Time Strategy game for PC, developed by BattleGoat Studios and distributed through Steam.
The game offers players the opportunity to choose a region and take on the role of that nation’s leader. Nearly all present day countries and regions will be represented, from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe. Players have control over the finances, industries, military, research and diplomacy of the selected country. Gameplay is in variable speed real time, allowing actions while paused for planning and faster speeds to watch the action unfold. Government ministers are there to assist players, allowing them to manage what they want, and automate less important decisions.
During the recent Steam NextFest, thousands of strategy game enthusiasts played our Demo scenario “Battle of Russia”. The full game will include four future Campaigns as well as four Sandbox maps, including an isolationist near-future world in 2030, a Sandbox based on the current geo-political conditions of 2023, and a “Shattered World” future where nations have collapsed into regional conflicts.
Expanding on past titles the game includes a rebuilt game engine for 64 bit support, DirectX 11 graphics, and a more robust AI for both military and country management. Improvements for lighting, effects, water and terrain provide a better visual experience. Performance improvements allow faster gameplay. Revised storylines, military inventory, research tree, country relationships and heads of state create an entirely new Supreme Ruler experience.
The Supreme Ruler series is the longest-running PC game franchise still in active development, with the series having just celebrated 40 years since the original release of the text-based “Supreme Ruler” game for the TRS-80, and 15 years since the release of the award-winning Supreme Ruler 2020, which set a new bar for scale and scope in strategy games.
– Play a near-future campaign based on real world tensions and conflicts.
– Take Control of any Nation in Sandbox Mode.
– Use Diplomacy, Trade, Espionage, and Intimidation to influence the policies of other nations.
– New tools for interacting with other nations. New treaties to sign. New espionage missions to support, undermine or assassinate leaders of other nations.
– Develop new technologies to improve your military, your industries, and the lives of your citizens.
– Modernize your economy to support your social and military policies.
– Sophisticated Real-Time Strategic and Tactical Control of your Military Forces.
– Detailed Modern-world accurate armies down to the Battalion level.
– Choose your level of control. Make all decisions or use your Cabinet Ministers to help.
– Realistic supply models requiring military leaders to understand that units require fuel and ammunition to survive the battlefield
– Two different map views – one visually realistic for detailed map, another for precise terrain analysis.
– Battle the elements! Fully integrated weather model which influences battlefield outcomes.
– Updated 64-bit Game Engine with DirectX 11 support.
– Up to 15 players in Multiplayer over local network or Internet.
About BattleGoat Studios
BattleGoat Studios is a Canadian Software Developer committed to developing leading edge “Intelligent Strategy Games”. BattleGoat’s game design history dates back to the first text-based Supreme Ruler game in 1982, making Supreme Ruler one of the longest-running computer gaming franchises still in development. BattleGoat insists that their approach to development will always emphasize an accurate, heavily researched environment ensuring players an entertaining and immersive gameplay experience. Their previous PC releases are Supreme Ruler 2010, Supreme Ruler 2020, Supreme Ruler Cold War, and Supreme Ruler 1936, Supreme Ruler Ultimate, and Galactic Ruler.
Supreme Ruler 2030 on Steam:
Supreme Wiki (modding info): https://supremeruler.fandom.com/
- Action Roguelike Game “Skybreakers” Has Been Launched
- Amazon cuts games unit jobs in broader restructuring
- Lexar® Announces Professional CFexpress™ Type A Card SILVER Series and GOLD microSDXC™ UHS-II Card
- Netflix Cuts One-Third Of Feature Animation Division As Part Of Strategic Overhaul
- Moonbug and Spin Master Forge Alliance Across Licensing, Content Production and Media Management
- Wild Child Animation Taps Netflix Alum Joyce Miller
- Ravensburger Brings New Mycelia Deck-Building Game to North America