SIGGRAPH 2022 is coming up fast, and we’re thrilled to see you all in person again! Join us in Vancouver from August 8-11 for an all-day metaverse course; sessions on MetaHumans and digital identity; an exclusive talk from Chris Gallagher (SCAD); and more.
Get the Full Details：
Sessions at a Glance
Building the Open Metaverse
This is a no-hype introduction to what it would take to build an open metaverse. We’ll get into the current pillars and the possible paths ahead, touching on 3D-first computing, interoperability, game engine ecosystems, scaling users/worlds, and how content creation might change with the help of Neal Stephenson (!), NVIDIA, Roblox, and more. Don’t miss it.
Pushing the Boundaries of Real-Time Characters with MetaHumans
Join the team at ShapeShifters Creative to dive into the power of MetaHumans with this session focused on cinematic storytelling in real time.
Shaping the Future of Animation
Explore a new era of storytelling made possible by real-time animation techniques, including how iteration enhances creativity, with Chris Gallagher of SCAD.
Building 3D Worlds in UE with Quixel Megascans and Reality Capture
Learn how Megascans, UE5, and Reality Capture came together on a recent Ninety Days challenge project, with insights into virtual production content, democratizing world building, and more.
MetaHumans & Digital Identity
Digital humans are bringing a new era of self-representation which, combined with greater social engagement on game platforms, brings up myriad questions. We’ll share what we’ve learned in this unique look at design issues around digital identity.
Future Skills for the Metaverse
Meet the companies that are successfully developing immersive 3D content, metaversal experiences, and imaginative ways to engage audiences, from strategy to execution.
- Shin Ultra Fight morphs 70s-style monster suits with real-time tools
- Add-in board unit sales experience a significant correction from Q1, yet still see growth year over
- Venice Film Fest’s VR Section Rebrands As Venice Immersive
- Is the game “Sheep A Sheep” playable?
- 50 years of humanoid robots
- RWBY: Ice Queendom Reveals English Dub Start Date With New Trailer
- The Metaverse event will be held in SVN West, San Franciscoon October 4, 2022.
- The new 8BitDo Ultimate controller will be released in October