Annecy Classics: Animation Outlaws
At the end of the 1970s in the USA, two friends and animated film fanatics created the very first animation festival dedicated to independent and experimental creations: Spike & Mike’s Sick & Twisted Animation Festival.
Year after year this somewhat wild, somewhat bizarre gathering slowly but surely gained international renown, revealing the hidden talent of now popular artists, from John Lasseter to Peter Lord. An homage to the genius of the legendary Spike & Mike presented by Kat Alioshin and all those whose destinies where forever changed by this animation revolution.
With Annecy Classics, the Festival pays tribute to timeless shorts and features to remind us of the great moments in the history of animation. It highlights avant-garde techniques, the journey of brilliant directors, and celebrates key events. Take a break and rediscover the great animated classics!
- WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSE OF THE NET! Kolobanga Media reveals the new global project.
- Russian animated series Be-be-bears and Leo&Tig to be shown in MENA countries
- MIPCOM preps for Cannes return as Reed Midem unveils Covid-19 strategy
- SALON RENTALS: SUPPLYING AND SUPPORTING THE FILM & TV INDUSTRY FOR OVER 50 YEARS
- Tencent buys into Asian streaming platform iFlix
- YOGSCAST GAMES Announces the Tiny Teams Festival Celebrating Indie Development From 9-15 August
- ANTICIPATED SCI-FI MMO DUAL UNIVERSE REVOLUTIONIZES THE VIRTUAL WORLD WITH BETA LAUNCH ON AUGUST 27 AND ACCESSIBLE $6.99 SUBSCRIPTION
- Pixel-powered Polygons Boil Frogs