USD Hydra Addon for Blender 1
BY MARIO HAWAT ON DECEMBER 20, 2020BLENDER DEVELOPMENT
AMD Developers have released a USD Hydra Addon for Blender, which promises to be a game-changer in terms of interoperability with industry tools and pipelines.
AMD developers posted a USD Hydra Addon for Blender. Allows Hydra Render delegates to work inside Blender.
Known delegates are ProRender, Embree, RenderMan, Arnold, Octane, Redshift, Cycles.https://t.co/IZAJWRGR62 #b3d
— Ton Roosendaal
Pixar’s USD is taking the CG industry by storm as the favored system for interchange between software, with developers scrambling to implement USD support into their software. This addon puts Blender at the center of the USD Hydra buzz, unlocking incredibly powerful possibilities such as allowing Hydra Render delegates to work inside of Blender, including ProRender, RenderMan, Arnold, Octane, Redshift, and more.
An openusd Hydra add-on for Blender. This will make more render engines available to Blender users and help it integrate into existing and future pipelines.
— Stefan Werner
This addon also allows the composing assembling and exporting of USD stages, and as the developer puts it:
In short, this addon will allow an artist or studio to assembled and compose USD data with Blender data, and render it all using various renderers via Hydra.
- Annie Awards 2024: Call For Entries Now Open
- BCON tickets are available now!
- Eggy Party Officially Launches In SEA Region Alongside Brand New “Rock and Roll” Seasonal Event
- TTB & ATF Animation Lab & Pitch
- VMware and NVIDIA Unlock Generative AI for Enterprises
- Ubisoft Signs Deal for Streaming Call of Duty and Other Activision Blizzard Games
- Two Truths and a Lie about Deceit 2
- Lost Light Announces Season 7 Updates and North America Firefly Showdown