‘The Monkey King’ Scores Second Place On Netflix’s Global Top 10 List
Despite only being available for three days between August 14-20, Anthony Stacchi’s The Monkey King was the second-most-watched English-language film on Netflix over the period.
The Monkey King, a family-targeting animated adaptation of one of China’s most popular fantasy tales, was watched for 13.1 million hours and racked up 8.1 million viewers over its first weekend on the platform. That’s better than Nimona’s 5.5 million hours and 3.2million viewers in its first weekend, but less than Miraculous:Ladybug & Cat Noir, then Movie’s 20.8 million hours and 12.3 million views last month. Miraculous.
The Monkey King is an action-packed family comedy that follows a charismatic Monkey and his magical fighting Stick on an epic quest for victory over 100 demons, an eccentric Dragon King, and Monkey’s greatest foe of all–his own ego! Along the way, a young village girl challenges his self-centered attitude and shows him that even the smallest pebble can have a big effect on the world.
- AI Aideo Generation Will Usher In The Era Of GPT ?
- Onmyoji’s New SSR Izanami Arrives with the Divinity’s Doom Event!
- Infinite Lagrange Adds New Ships & Gameplay Features In November 2023 Update
- Manga Productions strikes a deal with popular anime series
- Bring Your Game To The Industry’s Front Door: GDC Pitch Is Back!
- Stefan Heikhaus to be new Director of gamescom
- GDC 2024 Session Viewer Is Live: Check Out These Must-See Talks