Scorpion return in Mortal Kombat 2?
Hiroyuki Sanada is hopeful to have Scorpion return in Mortal Kombat 2.
Mortal Kombat got a new shot at blockbuster movie supremacy with the 2021 Mortal Kombat reboot. It was released on HBO Max at the same time it was in theaters, as part of Warner Bros.’ plan to bounce back from movie theater shutdowns during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns. The boxoffice of Mortal Kombat’s box office haul of just $84.4 million (on a $55 million budget). And early this year, Warner Bros. officially announced Mortal Kombat 2 is coming.
It has since been announced that Mortal Kombat 2 is in the works. It was reported that director Simon McQuoid would return to helm the sequel with a screenplay by Moon Knight scribe Jeremy Slater. There isn’t yet an official release date and the story still seems to be getting worked out, so many cast members are still uncertain if they will be coming back. That includes Scorpion actor Hiroyuki Sanada, but he’s hoping McQuoid and Slater will find a place for him in part two.
When Sanada was asked if he would be in the sequel:
“I have no idea, I didn’t hear anything officially yet. But, I hope they’ll make a Scorpion part, and I will get to say ‘Get over here!’ again.”
When asked who Sanada would like to see play Johnny cage in the next Mortal Kombat movie, the actor responded: “That’s a good question. I have no idea yet, but maybe one of the assassins from Bullet Train.”
- Shin Ultra Fight morphs 70s-style monster suits with real-time tools
- Add-in board unit sales experience a significant correction from Q1, yet still see growth year over
- Venice Film Fest’s VR Section Rebrands As Venice Immersive
- Is the game “Sheep A Sheep” playable?
- 50 years of humanoid robots
- RWBY: Ice Queendom Reveals English Dub Start Date With New Trailer
- The Metaverse event will be held in SVN West, San Franciscoon October 4, 2022.
- The new 8BitDo Ultimate controller will be released in October