Riki Group, APC Kids Ink Production-Distribution Deal for ‘Ricky the Dinosaur’
Leading Russian animation company Riki Group has signed an agreement with APC Kids, the children’s entertainment distribution arm of About Premium Content, to produce and internationally distribute a new animated TV series, Ricky the Dinosaur (52 x 5’30”). APC Kids is investing in the production and has exclusive distribution rights in all territories, excluding Russia and China; it is actively seeking presales with broadcast partners.
Created by St. Petersburg-based Riki Group, Ricky the Dinosaur is an original series for preschoolers which portrays funny moments from the everyday life of a family of dinosaurs. Little Ricky, his elder sister Tira, and their Mom and Dad can turn ordinary situations into unexpectedly exciting adventures. Belly Up Productions (Zack & Quack, Floogals) and Sharon Miller (Thomas & Friends) are on board as script editors and voice directors.
Lionel Marty, Managing Director of APC Kids, said, “There is global interest in children’s properties created in Russia, and we are excited by the international potential of this fun series which has universal themes of family and friendship.”
More From ANIMATIONWorld:
“I am happy that Riki Group has the opportunity to launch this new series in collaboration with APC Kids, a partner who I have worked with previously and achieved great results!” added Diana Yurinova, VP, International business development and distribution, Riki Group. “With such a strong and experienced team of script writers and producers we are sure Ricky the Dinosaur will gain maximum attention both in the domestic and international markets.”
- 2019 Animation Global Magazine-Annecy Edition
- Studiocanal Sets Folivari’s ‘Samsam’ for Distribution Over Half the World
- Warner Bros. Shares ‘Looney Tunes Cartoons’ Photo Ahead of Annecy Premiere
- SIGGRAPH 2019 Presents Future of Technology With Over 25 Debut Advances
- Michael Frei’s ‘KIDS’ Is A Short Film, Game, And Installation Rolled Into One
- The Third Floor ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Previs, Postvis and Techvis Gallery
- Annecy Classics: Animation Outlaws
- Disney Unveils ‘Lion King’ Spot Featuring Beyonce; ‘Snow White’ Director in Talks