News Bytes: The First Order Lands in ‘SW: Resistance’, Amy Winfrey’s ‘Hooray for Hell’, UK £60M Kids TV Fund & More
Philadelphia-based Tyron Handy is injecting some representation into old favorites like Rugrats, Hey Arnold! and The Simpsons. See more of his work on Instagram @studio_total_onyx_
CALL FOR ENTRIES: Ibero-American Animation Quirino Awards
Works from 23 countries across Latin America and the Iberian peninsula are invited to submit for consideration in nine categories: Feature film, series, short film, student short film, innovative work, commissioned film, sound design & original music, visual development, and animation design. Submission deadline is December 8 at 11:59 p.m. (Mexican time). The 2019 Quirino Awards will be held April 6 in Tenerife.
Check out some of the highlights from 2018 in this video.
CEE Animation Workshop: Deadline Extended, 1st Speakers Confirmed
Open to all low production capacity countries in Central & Eastern Europe, the workshop offers training, project development and networking opportunities in Ljubljana, Slovenia (Nov. 30-Dec. 6); Budapest, Hungary (March 20-26); and Trebon, Czech Rep. (May 3-9). The submission deadline has been extended to Oct. 29, 2018. Organizers have also confirmed the first on-hand experts will be screenwriter/creative producer Phil Parker (Wallace & Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit, The Pearce Sisters, The Hogfather, Manou the Swift) and leading Romanian novelist/screenwriter Răzvan Rădulescu (Stuff and Dough, Niki and Flo, The Death of Mr. Lazarescu).
‘Hooray for Hell!’ Heats Up the Web
A new animated series from Amy Winfrey (creator of cult Flash toon favorites Muffin Films, Big Bunny and Nickelodeon’s Making Fiends) and Peter Merryman (writer/voice actor Making Fiends; animator South Park) has hit the ‘net. Hooray for Hell is about a cheerful woman named Cindee who finds herself unexpectedly in Hell — a dismal place populated by the most selfish jerks, the laziest con artists, the pettiest thieves, the slickest lawyers, the clumsiest doctors, the greediest CEOs, the slowest cashiers, the sleepiest bus drivers, the rudest waiters, the loudest pundits, the sneeziest chefs, and thousands upon thousands of telemarketers. Winfrey and Merryman are both currently directors on BoJack Horseman.
U.K. Government Reveals £60 Million Kids’ TV Fund
The Contestable Fund, introduced last year, aims to stop the decline of U.K.-produced kids’ programming. It will see £57 million invested in a Young Audiences Content Fund to support fresh, distinct content, and there will also be more support for programming in indigenous U.K. languages such as Welsh and Gaelic.
WATCH: ‘Star Wars Resistance’ | “The High Tower” Clip
The First Order arrives at the Platform for mysterious reasons in the new episode — and Kaz and BB-8 are determined to get to the bottom of this surprise visit! “The High Tower” premieres Sunday, October 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT on Disney Channel, with a same-day launch on DisneyNOW and Disney Channel VOD.
- I Have a Question – Locator
- Approaching China Hi-Tech Fair with CGGE
- I Have a Question – The 9 Education Technology Co., Ltd.
- Tribute To Stan Lee
- AWN China interview – Responses from Mr Howie Lau, Chief Industry Development Officer, Info-communications Media Development Authority, Singapore (IMDA)
- 2019 Annecy Festival Calls for Entries & Announces Key Changes
- Sneak Peek: ‘LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars’ Debuts October 29
- Assistant Professor/Instructor in Multimedia and/or Digital Media Production Otterbein University
- Gaming Technologies Hardware/Software Engineer, Mid in Leavenworth, KS at Booz Allen Hamilton Booz Allen Hamilton
- 3D Visualization Software Engineer, Senior in Alexandria, VA at Booz Allen Hamilton Booz Allen Hamilton
- Graphic Design Specialist General Electric
- Editor 2, Editing (Video) Comcast
- Senior Storyboard Artists Aardman