Marvel/LEGO Cast a Web for ‘Vexed by Venom’
Now that Venom has proved itself as a major box office champ (the movie grossed $205.5 million globally in its first weekend of release), LEGO and Marvel have announced plans for a new animated special titled LEGO Marvel Spider-Man: Vexed by Venom, to arrive next year.
The announcement was made on Sunday at the New York Comic Con during the Marvel Animation Presents panel. Vexed by Venom will feature the voices of Robbie Daymond as Spider-Man/Peter Parker, Ben Pronsky as Venom, Josh Keaton as Green Goblin, Laura Bailey as Gwen Stacy/Ghost-Spider, and Tara Strong as Mary Jane. The special focuses on high-tech teft and finds Spider-Man trading wits with Green Goblin and Venom as the villains plan to destroy New York City.
Marvel and The LEGO Group worked together on titles such as LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – Avengers Reassembled, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – Guardians of the Galaxy: The Thanos Threat, and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes – Black Panther: Trouble in Wakanda. Most of the previous projects were streamed online, but no word as the exact debut date or the outlet which will stream/air it.More From ANIMATIONWorld:
- One Night Only: Don’t Miss the SIGGRAPH 2019 Computer Animation Festival Electronic Theater
- Mifa 2019: A Record Attendance
- ‘Harry Potter: Wizards Unite’ to Launch Last Week
- Netflix Engineers Developed a Rumble Pack Feature During Latest Hack Day
- Dogs and Their Kids: Chris Renaud Talks ‘The Secret Life of Pets 2’
- A Yen for Quality: Japanese Animation Spotlight
- Belt and Road hailed as key outlets for Chinese productions
- Stunning! “Spirited Away” Chinese Poster