Intel’s 11th Gen Processor (Rocket Lake-S) Architecture Detailed
What’s New: Earlier this year, Intel made desktop PCs even better with 10th Gen Intel® Core™ S-series processors, headlined by the Intel Core i9-10900K. In the first quarter of 2021, the 11th Gen Intel Core S-series desktop processors (code-named “Rocket Lake-S”) will bring even more performance to gamers and PC enthusiasts.
Intelligently designed for desktop performance, Rocket Lake takes advantage of the microarchitecture changes and instructions per clock (IPC) advancements to deliver improved raw performance, gen over gen.
About the Architecture: The 11th Gen Intel Core S-series desktop processor will introduce a new desktop architecture, called Cypress Cove, designed to transform hardware and software efficiency and increase performance. This will enable double-digit percentage IPC performance improvement1 (gen over gen) and deliver enhanced Intel® UHD™ graphics featuring the Intel® Xe Graphics architecture2.
» 11th Gen Intel Core S-Series Architecture Details
Why Frequency and IPC Matter: Games and most applications continue to depend on high-frequency cores to drive high frame rates and lower latency. In addition, the number of IPC improve on the performance that frequency delivers by executing more instructions. Intel continues to push the limits of performance with IPC gains and the frequencies necessary for gaming, content creation and multitasking.
How It is Optimized for Amazing Gaming: Some of the new features being introduced with 11th Gen Intel Core S-Series include:
New Cypress Cove architecture featuring Ice Lake Core architecture and Tiger Lake Graphics architecture.
- Double-digit percentage IPC performance improvement.3
- Better gen-over-gen performance.
- Up to 20 CPU PCIe 4.0 lanes4 for more configuration flexibility.
- Enhanced Intel UHD graphics featuring Intel Xe Graphics architecture.
- Intel® Quick Sync Video, offering better video transcoding and hardware acceleration for latest
- New overclocking features5 for more flexible tuning performance.
- Intel® Deep Learning Boost and VNNI support.
The 11th Gen Intel Core S-Series desktop processors, launching in 2021’s first quarter, will deliver amazing performance and flexibility to meet a range of needs for gamers and content creators.
- Identity V Achieves 300 Million Visitors Worldwide
- Cooler Master Raises the Bar with the Q300L V2: Unleashing the Full Potential of mATX Cases
- Gaming’s AI-enabled Future Materializes in Cygnus Enterprises
- InnoGames invites to IGJAM #14
- US Entertainment Enterprise Falcon’s Beyond and China Cultural Commerce Giant K11 Unveil Major Global ‘Retailtainment’ Venture
- ARTE announces its new video game The Merlies
- The Truth Seekers Anonymous’ Guide to Surviving Deceit 2
- Battling the Deep Fake Surge:Reality Defender Keeps it Real