Intel signs up as Corporate Patron
The Blender project has come very far, yet this is only the beginning of a new era of content creation. To celebrate the release of Blender 3.0, here are 23 stories that show how Blender is used and enjoyed by the community.
This year, there are lots of big companies joined the Blender Foundation. Last Dec. Blender Foundation is delighted to announce Intel Corporation as the latest Patron Member of the Foundation’s Development Fund. By upgrading its membership to a top-level contributor, Intel’s support helps Blender provide creators an optimal experience on modern CPUs and GPUs.
“Intel is extending its collaboration and commitment to the Blender open-source community. We are already incorporating the oneAPI cross-architecture, CPU- and GPU-driven features and performance of Intel® oneAPI Rendering Toolkit libraries into Blender to benefit creators of all kinds. We share the Blender Foundation’s mindset to make world-class visual technologies available to everyone through open-source software and open standards.” said Raja Koduri, Intel senior vice president and general manager of the Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics (AXG) Group.
With Intel signing up as Patron, Blender now has top level support from all major CPU and GPU manufacturers. We look forward to further work with Intel’s open source initiatives such as Embree and Open Image Denoise to accelerate computing for creative purposes.”
Chairman Blender Foundation
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and/or other countries.
What is the Blender Development Fund?
The Blender Development Fund accepts donations to support activities to provide free and open accessible services for all Blender contributors – including professionals and corporations – on the blender.org website. Support activities include bug fixing, code reviews, technical documentation and onboarding.
The fund will also provide grants and subsidies to developers on generic and widely agreed development projects.
Learn more at fund.blender.org
- NVIDIA Makes Free Version of Omniverse Available to Millions of Individual Creators and Artists Worldwide
- Autodesk Acquires Moxion Cloud System for Digital Dailies
- Jada Toys Releases High-end Collectible “The Batman” Die-cast Batmobile with Figure
- Jon Peddie Research Announces Chris Vienneau as Senior Vice President of Media and Entertainment
- Microsoft to acquire Activision Blizzard to bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone, across every device
- Degrassi: The Next Generation Library for HBO Max
- Call of Duty: Warzone Pacific season 2 delayed
- Peter Dinklage: ‘I would like to see some sort of gremlin get in the internet and shut the whole thing down’