“High Flying Bird” Directed by Soderbergh to be Broadcast on Netflix
Netflix has been issued the right to broadcast “High Flying Bird” – a new film directed by Steven Soderbergh with the theme of NBA basketball, which is scheduled to debut in 2019.
The complete cast of the film has been announced: Andre Hollander (“Castle Rock” “Moonlight”), Shake Bates (“Atlanta” “Deadpool 2”), the famous actor transformed from entertaining blogger – Melvin Gregg (“UnReal“), Zachary Kuntu (“Star Trek”), Kyle McLachlan (“Twin Peaks”), Sonja Sohn (“The Wire”), Bill Duke (“Marauder“) starred.
During an NBA strike, a sports agent (Holland) presented a very attractive but controversial business proposal for his NBA rookie player customer (Gregg), the agent’s assistant starring Beetz.
It is the leading actor – Holland’s second collaboration with the director Soderberg afterThe Knick, also his second collaboration with the screenwriter Tarell Alvin McCraney after “Moonlight” and is the first time for Soderberg to partner with Netflix.
More From ANIMATIONWorld:
- Toronto Animation Arts Festival International Issues 2019 Call for Entries
- Season 16 of ‘American Dad!’ Gets Premiere Date on TBS
- Academy Announces Shortlists in Nine Categories for 91st Oscars
- Apple Strikes Deal with DHX for New ‘Peanuts’ Toons
- Netflix Releases Behind-the-Scenes Featurette for ‘MOWGLI: Legend of the Jungle’
- Sony’s ‘Spider-Man’ Sets New Animation Record for December
- Digital Domain Adds Studio in Montréal
- Brussels’ Anima Festival Sets Date, Announces Juries