Go Behind The Scenes Of Jedi: Fallen Order’s Design At GDC 2020
Great licensed games are tricky business, but the folks at Respawn Entertainment knocked it out of the park last year with their first Star Wars game Jedi: Fallen Order.
The story of how they designed and built whole new chapters of the Star Wars universe is remarkable, and at GDC in March you’ll have a rare opportunity to hear all about it — along with all the practical lessons they learned along the way!
In a GDC 2020 Design track talk on “Becoming a Jedi: Gameplay in ‘Jedi: Fallen Order'” Respawn’s Justin Perez will give you an inside look at specific gameplay design decisions made during the development of Jedi: Fallen Order, including changes and cuts made along the way.
This talk is largely focused on the gameplay mechanics of the game’s main character, and Perez plans to hone in on practical questions like: How do you make a lightsaber feel like a lightsaber? How can you give players control over something as powerful as The Force? How do you even get Lucasfilm to approve your new Jedi ideas?
It promises to be a fascinating talk, with useful takeaways for anyone trying to translate specific ideas, moods, and themes into gameplay mechanics. Don’t skip it!
Register now for GDC 2020
Next year GDC 2020 runs from Monday, March 16th through Friday, March 20th. This will be the 34th edition of GDC, and now that registration is officially open, you’ll want to take a look at the (ever-expanding) session schedule and your GDC pass options — register early to lock in the best price!
For more details on GDC 2020 visit the show’s official website, or subscribe to regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, or RSS.
- WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSE OF THE NET! Kolobanga Media reveals the new global project.
- Russian animated series Be-be-bears and Leo&Tig to be shown in MENA countries
- MIPCOM preps for Cannes return as Reed Midem unveils Covid-19 strategy
- SALON RENTALS: SUPPLYING AND SUPPORTING THE FILM & TV INDUSTRY FOR OVER 50 YEARS
- Tencent buys into Asian streaming platform iFlix
- YOGSCAST GAMES Announces the Tiny Teams Festival Celebrating Indie Development From 9-15 August
- ANTICIPATED SCI-FI MMO DUAL UNIVERSE REVOLUTIONIZES THE VIRTUAL WORLD WITH BETA LAUNCH ON AUGUST 27 AND ACCESSIBLE $6.99 SUBSCRIPTION
- Pixel-powered Polygons Boil Frogs