Call for Entrance: Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film (ITFS)
From April 25 to 30, 2023, the Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film (ITFS) will celebrate its 30th anniversary. For six days and nights in spring, the Stuttgart region becomes the global centre of animated film: the festival presents the entire spectrum of current animation filmmaking with interfaces to visual effects, architecture, art, design, music and games.
30th ITFS is now open for submissions!
The festival focuses on artistic animated film as well as innovative interactive and transmedia works. Comprehensive film and competition programs as well as curated supporting programs guarantee exciting and extraordinary inspirations and insights. During six days, the ITFS invites to Stuttgart to discover the richness and productivity of animated film and meet its actors to exchange ideas and network. In 2023, the ITFS, one of the world’s most important events for animation, will continue to take place in cinemas and on the Schlossplatz in Stuttgart, as well as in virtual space.
Animated films completed after October 1, 2021 can now be submitted for the festival’s main competitions:
- International Competition – International competition for animated short films
- Young Animation – International student film competition for animated short films
- Tricks for Kids – International competition for animated short films and series for children
- Trickstar Nature Award – Competition for animated short films that deal with the topics of climate protection, biodiversity, the environment and sustainability
The submission deadline is December 1, 2022.
AniMovie – International competition for animated films of feature length
The submission deadline for AniMovie is January 16, 2023.
The application form and film upload or documentation materials must be received by Film- und Medienfestival gGmbH by the closing date.
Entry forms and regulations can be found at www.ITFS.de/en
Please use the online submission platform www.shortfilmdepot.com for film submission.
To register an account with signing a registration form. Then you can upload youyr film. Participation in the ITFS competitions is free of charge, but the submission platform charges a small fee for its service, based on the number of animated films submitted.
All further information and contact details can be found at
More information about ITFS 2023 and all competition categories can be found on the website www.ITFS.de/en and will be updated continuously.
Call for entries at a later date:
German Animation Screenplay Award – Prize for the best German- or English-language screenplay for a German animated feature film production (call for entries November 2022 / deadline February 1, 2023)
Trickstar Business Award – Prize for the best innovative and forward-looking business model in the animation sector (call for entries December 2022 / deadline March 1, 2023)
Animated Games Award Germany – Prize for the best and most innovative animation-based computer game from Germany (call for entries December 2022 / deadline February 1, 2023)
Crazy Horse Session – 48H Animation Jam – Award for the best animated short film created in 48 hours. International teams face up the challenge to create an animated short film around the festival mascot Trixi within 48 hours in a live online animation competition. (Call for entries January 2023 / Deadline March 1, 2023)
- modl.ai to Speak at GDC on AI Bots for Building Game Architectures of the Future
- Join Cooler Master and D-BOX to Experience a Gaming Chair Like No Other
- Brazil – Official partner country of gamescom 2023
- Party Animals Event GDC Invite
- BRAZILIAN GAMING INDUSTRY PRESENTED LARGEST DELEGATION TO DATE AND AN OFFICIAL DEDICATED GDC SESSION
- NVIDIA GTC will be held on March 20-23
- GDC 2023 – largest German joint booth in the event’s history
- GDC Booking Invites for Versus Evil