Annecy Classics: Animation Outlaws
At the end of the 1970s in the USA, two friends and animated film fanatics created the very first animation festival dedicated to independent and experimental creations: Spike & Mike’s Sick & Twisted Animation Festival.
Year after year this somewhat wild, somewhat bizarre gathering slowly but surely gained international renown, revealing the hidden talent of now popular artists, from John Lasseter to Peter Lord. An homage to the genius of the legendary Spike & Mike presented by Kat Alioshin and all those whose destinies where forever changed by this animation revolution.
With Annecy Classics, the Festival pays tribute to timeless shorts and features to remind us of the great moments in the history of animation. It highlights avant-garde techniques, the journey of brilliant directors, and celebrates key events. Take a break and rediscover the great animated classics!
- ‘YooHoo to the Rescue’ Makes a Splash in Russia, New Apps Debut
- Agisoft De-Lighter released
- Jim Henson Co.’s ‘Dinosaur Train’ Steams Ahead in MENA
- CGF, top Russia Animation Studio
- Transmedia storytelling by Greek creator Aristarchos Papadaniel (Syllipsis)
- Original animation work is on the rise, China’s animation industry continues to support “The Chinese School”
- Fire At Kyoto Animation, One Person Is Dead And Suspected Arsonist In Police Custody
- A Monstrous Undertaking: The VFX Behind Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan