Action-RPG The Ascent Will Hit Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles and PC in 2021,
Action-RPG The Ascent Will Hit Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles and PC in 2021, available to play with Xbox Game Pass at launch
On October 28, Having first turned heads with intriguing gameplay during Microsoft’s Xbox showcase back in May, Curve Digital announced that multiplayer action-RPG The Ascent will launch on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles, and PC in 2021.
To celebrate the launch news, developer Neon Giant has put together a short video to showcase an update on development and illustrate a variety of features coming to The Ascent when it launches next year.
Developed by Neon Giant and published by Curve Digital, The Ascent will be playable with Xbox Game Pass for Console and PC at launch and target 60 fps and full 4K support on the Xbox Series X, offering amazing gameplay performance for the new generation of console players.
The Ascent will see players dive into ‘The Ascent Group’ arcology, a self-contained corporate-run metropolis, stretching high into the sky and filled with creatures from all over the galaxy. Taking on the role of an indentured worker, the world starts to go haywire when The Ascent Group shuts down for unknown reasons. Life becomes a case of survival, with rival corporations and crime syndicates looking to fill the empty space. Players will have to take up arms and hold them off. The Ascent begins here.
“Xbox Game Pass is an amazing proposition for us as a small indie developer with a team of only 11 people, because it allows more players around the world to experience our game. To celebrate this exciting news, we wanted to cement the game’s place in 2021’s next-gen line-up by casting light on what players can expect to experience at launch,” says Tor Frick, Art Director and co-founder of Neon Giant.
The Ascent will offer players the chance to step into an action-orientated sci-fi RPG powered by Unreal Engine that takes the genre to new levels, available to play in both single-player and up to four-player co-op.
The Ascent will feature:
- A free-roam play style in a cyberpunk inspired dystopian world
- Classic RPG mechanics to enable players to build up their character including cyberwear, augmentations and looting
- An unprecedented sense of verticality within its world, with different levels and platforms discernible within play
- Double-aim mechanic enables players to utilise the full screen and choose between multiple targets anywhere in the environment
- A narrative-led adventure playable in single and up to four-player co-op modes
- The Ascent will launch on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles and PC in 2021
The Ascent Twitter: https://twitter.com/AscentTheGame
Curve Digital YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/curvedigital
Curve Digital Website: https://www.curve-digital.com/
About Curve Digital
Curve Digital is an award-winning independent label working with developers across the world to deliver the best in interactive entertainment. With a uniquely diverse games catalogue that includes renowned indie hits such as For the King and Bomber Crew, critically acclaimed titles like Flame in the Flood and Autonauts, and the multi-million selling smash hit Human Fall Flat, Curve Digital has taken its place as one of the leading games publishers worldwide.
More information on Curve Digital can be found at http://www.curve-digital.com
About Neon Giant
Neon Giant is a small team of experienced games industry veterans with a heritage in some of the world’s biggest action game franchises. With our combined know-how, passion and ambition, we’ve set out to create a new type of studio. Our intention is to draw upon our AAA experience and focus on working efficiently, empowering each individual in order to maximise our creativity and push the boundaries of making really fun videogames.
At Neon Giant, every team member is a key player in our bold vision of creating world-class action games that will stand proud and tall with the giants. Small is beautiful, small is Neon Giant.
Source: Renaissance PR
- PRODUCTION SESSIONS AND TALKS PROGRAMS AT SIGGRAPH 2022 EMPHASIZES TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCES AND THE EVOLUTION OF COMPUTER GRAPHICS TECHNIQUES
- Multichoice wants to increase the skills of television actors in Africa
- CANNESERIES is announcing its next season!
- WildBrain Captures Global Distribution Rights to Harpercollins Productions’ Carmen Sandiego
- Galactic Ruler was officially released on August 3rd 2022
- 360 Demonstrates Core Capabilities
- Special effects ：Warriors of Future
- Assistive Technology Enters the Classroom With Holographic Sign Language Interpreters