AARDMAN’S FESTIVE SPECIAL, ROBIN ROBIN, TO COME TO NETFLIX IN 2020
Aardman has announced its new animated holiday special, Robin Robin, coming to Netflix in 2020.
Robin Robin is a musical tale, directed by its creators Dan Ojari (Slow Derek – Grand Prix: Animated Encounters) and Mikey Please (The Eagleman Stag – BAFTA: Best Animated Short, Marilyn Myller – McLaren Award: Edinburgh Film Festival), with Aardman’s Sarah Cox (Tate Movie Project and BAFTA nominated Heavy Pockets) as Executive Producer and Helen Argo (Tate Movie Project, Wallace & Gromit’s Musical Marvels) Producer.
When her egg fortuitously rolls into a rubbish dump, Robin is raised by a loving family of mice. As she grows up, her differences become more apparent. Robin sets off on the heist to end all heists to prove to her family that she can be a really good mouse – but ends up discovering who she really is.
“When Dan and Mikey first pitched us the concept for Robin Robin we knew instantly that this was a rare and special project that we had to make together. It’s a beautifully crafted stop-frame musical that immediately feels classic whilst being groundbreaking and modern.”
Sarah Cox, Executive Producer
“Together with Aardman, we’re thrilled to celebrate and introduce new generations of families around the world to the craft of stop motion animation through Robin Robin, a magical tale that warms the heart and can be enjoyed by the whole family.”
Alexi Wheeler, Manager of Kids and Family International Originals at Netflix
Robin Robin is currently in production at Aardman’s award-winning studio in the UK and will debut on Netflix in time for the holidays in 2020.
Promotional image from ‘Robin, Robin’. Image source: Aardman Animations.
Source： UK ANIMATION
- WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSE OF THE NET! Kolobanga Media reveals the new global project.
- Russian animated series Be-be-bears and Leo&Tig to be shown in MENA countries
- MIPCOM preps for Cannes return as Reed Midem unveils Covid-19 strategy
- SALON RENTALS: SUPPLYING AND SUPPORTING THE FILM & TV INDUSTRY FOR OVER 50 YEARS
- Tencent buys into Asian streaming platform iFlix
- YOGSCAST GAMES Announces the Tiny Teams Festival Celebrating Indie Development From 9-15 August
- ANTICIPATED SCI-FI MMO DUAL UNIVERSE REVOLUTIONIZES THE VIRTUAL WORLD WITH BETA LAUNCH ON AUGUST 27 AND ACCESSIBLE $6.99 SUBSCRIPTION
- Pixel-powered Polygons Boil Frogs