WORMS RUMBLE ‘INCOMING!’ TO PLAYSTATION® 5 AND PLAYSTATION 4 ON PLAYSTATION PLUS
Subscribers to the PlayStation initiative will get the latest instalment, the first real-time action Worms title, for free during December.
Team17 and Sony Interactive Entertainment announced that Worms Rumble, the latest instalment in the long-running and award-winning Worms franchise, will be free on PlayStation Plus during December on both PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4. The news means that in just one week, players across both PlayStation platforms will be able to fight it out across the game’s urban arenas alongside – and against – those on Steam in up to 32-player, real-time action, thanks to its crossplay functionality.
Plus, there’s a new PlayStation trailer right here:
There’s still time for Steam players to take advantage of preordering Worms Rumble, and gain access to the ‘New Challenger’ content pack, featuring exclusive cosmetic items: the ‘New Challenger’ Outfit; Worms Rumble beanie; Worms Rumble baseball bat skin; Purple Worm Skin; Worms Rumble Banner; and the ‘New Challenger’ title. Two additional cosmetic packs, the Action All-Stars Pack# and Legends Pack#, provide additional customisation options for players and are available to preorder ahead of launch; the Legends Pack is included in the Worms Rumble Digital Deluxe Version.
Worms Rumble Key Features:
- Real-time, frantic, 32-player action: Worms Rumble makes history as the first game in the series’ 25-year history to introduce real-time strategic combat and object destruction
- Get more targets with crossplay matchmaking: Whether on PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, or PC players can battle against players from all other platforms
- Make your Worm its own: No Worms game would be complete without cosmetics and personalisation, ranging from outfits and hats to skins for your Worm and weapons they wield
- Lock and load your arsenal: Crates across the maps contain a host of weapons and items, including fan favourites like the Sheep Launcher, Holy Hand Grenade, and Grapple Gun.
The Action All-Stars Pack is available on Steam for £3.99/$4.99/€4.99, while the Legends Pack is £6.99/$7.99/€7.99. The standard edition of Worms Rumble is now available to preorder on Steam and the Team17 Store for £10.99/$14.99/€14.99; Worms Rumble Digital Deluxe Version, which includes the Legends Pack, is available to preorder £16.99/$21.99/€21.99.
To keep up to date with all the information on Worms Rumble please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and join us on Discord.
#The Action All-Stars Pack: Three additional outfits (each with three different colour variants), three weapon skins, three banners, three titles, and three emotes. The Legends Pack: Six outfits (Sheep, Skunk, Donkey, Pigeon, Cow, and Retro Commando), six weapon skins (Woolly, Poison, Concrete, Feathers, Bovine, and Retro), and six player banners (Sheep, Skunk, Donkey, Pigeon, Cow, and Retro).
About Team17 Group plc
Founded in 1990, Team17 Group plc is a leading developer, video games label, and creative partner for developers around the world. Floated on AIM in 2018, Team17, with its extensive portfolio of over 100 titles, embodies the spirit of independent games. In addition to the award-winning Overcooked!, Yoku’s Island Express, and the iconic Worms, which celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2020, Team17 has helped bring critically acclaimed titles including Moving Out, Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair, and The Escapists to gamers everywhere. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
When PlayStation®5 and PS5™are used:“PlayStation” and “PS5” are registered trademarks or trademarks of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Source: Team17 Group Plc
- Scorpion return in Mortal Kombat 2?
- Licensing International Releases Annual Global Licensing Industry Study
- 6 in 10 PC and console games sold in 2021 in Germany were purchased as downloads
- Jellish：an experienced producers of high end animation content
- Garfield gets a 2024 release date
- How Sony Pictures Imageworks created a real-time thriller for Netflix’s Love, Death + Robots
- The first Beijing Animation Week has come to an end and Chinese animation is about to open a new century
- FUNKO Hires Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Far East