WildBrain Heads to ‘Moominvalley’ for Tove Jansson’s 105th Birthday
Leading digital kids’ network/studio WildBrain has been tapped by Gutsy Animations to develop a global YouTube strategy for Moominvalley — the brand-new animated series inspired by writer-illustrator Tove Jansson’s classic stories.
The first new Moomins series in almost 30 years, Moominvalley brings Jansson’s characters to life with beautiful 3D CGI animation in 13 episodes for a new generation of kids and families. In addition, WildBrain will manage the library of past Moomin content on YouTube, including the previous series from the 1990s, behind-the-scenes material and other content created exclusively for YouTube by Moomin.com.
To celebrate the 105th anniversary of Tove Jansson’s birth on August 9, fans can enjoy exclusive new Moominvalley content now live on the WildBrain network.
“The Moomins are a wonderful family brand with a rich history and the team at Gutsy Animations have done an outstanding job with Moominvalley to refresh the franchise while remaining faithful to Tove Jansson’s vision,” said Jon Gisby, Managing Director, WildBrain. “We are delighted that the Moomins have joined the WildBrain network and look forward to helping them find and delight a new generation of fans.”
Marika Makaroff, Executive Producer and Creative Director of Gutsy Animations, added: “We are really excited to be working with WildBrain to build the Moomin brand on a truly global scale. Our dedicated following of fans are keen to know more about the creative process behind our new adaptation of Tove’s beautiful and deeply meaningful stories, and to also re-live memories of the past series.”
Synopsis: Moominvalley (13 x 22’) is a show full of life, laughter, drama, adventure, fantasy, whimsical and witty dialogue. The story follows Moomintroll, who goes on fantastical adventures with his group of friends and family. As we follow the story of Moomintroll’s growth and encounters with his family and other creatures, we learn more about our own humanity, relationships and emotions – and especially about love. Moominvalley is an uplifting series with many positive messages!
By: Merdes Milligan
- REALSCREEN SUMMIT ZED PRESENTS ITS 2020 LINE-UP
- BRITISH ANIMATION AWARDS ANNOUNCE NEW CATEGORY FOR RISING STARS
- Get Practical Advice On Overcoming Game Dev Creative Block At GDC 2020
- GDC Main Stage Returns For 2020 With Marquee Talks On Game Dev’s Social Impact
- Ubisoft Prepares to Open New Studio in Vietnam
- ZEE GLOBAL CONTENT SALES ANNOUNCES SLATE FOR NATPE MIAMI 2020
- Celebrate Lunar New Year With Up To 80% Off Ubisoft Games
- FanVestor™ Announces Advisory Board Members: Former News Corp Exec Marty Pompadur, E! Entertainment Co-founder Larry Namer, and Former Virgin Records CEO Phil Quartararo