WeChat Opens Game Developer Program to US Developers
WeChat, one of the world’s largest social networks, with more than 1,082 million monthly active users is now opening up its newest and powerful Mini Games platform, enabling game developers around the world to create hit games on WeChat’s unique ecosystem.
Here are the proof points:
- The Mini Games platform has grown to more than 400 million monthly active users.
- The 7-day user retention rate of some the most popular Mini Games has already rocketed to 54%.
Some industry giants have joined the Mini Games ecosystem with their own creations: Google’s “Guess My Sketch” and Game Closure’s “Linsane Hoops.”
- “Guess My Sketch” is a fun, social WeChat Mini Program developed by Google AI. Players sketch everyday objects within a limited time frame, and Google AI will try to guess what is being drawn. It’s like playing pictionary with Google AI!
- In “Linsane Hoops” the player follows NBA star Jeremy Lin throughout his career while competing and picking up prizes along the way. The player can collect outfits, basketballs and awesome hairdos all while competing with friends.
WeChat debuted its Mini Games program at the U.S. at the Game Developers Conference in San Francisco in a workshop to be held on March 20. WeChat introduced new opportunities for game developers to tap into the social network’s over 1,082 million monthly active users and highlighted its dedication to helping overseas developers thrive on the Mini Games platform. This includes opening access to current API and localizing developer documentation to facilitate development and publishing.
WeChat also recently launched “Creativity Incentives” which allows each developer to cultivate value through creativity. Any Mini Games with highly creative gameplay, art, music, or story can apply to join the program, and will receive a “Creativity Certified” label in addition to 20% higher revenue share compared to other Mini Games. The incentive also includes creativity protection and will help protect against copyright infringement.
On WeChat Mini Games, developers can find massive success by combining creative core gameplay with social features. WeChat Mini Games constantly strives to give developers more room for creativity by introducing new APIs and capabilities. Please see more info from here: “How to Build a WeChat Mini Game Ecosystem.”
We hope that you can share this exciting news with your readers. Here is a link to images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/q6nf2rjni69g2vj/AADUqbqTXKiygGz5AjszpDfUa?dl=0
More From ANIMATIONWorld:
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ and ‘Captain Marvel’ VFX Presentations Set for FMX 2019
- Sony Creative Products’ ‘Pingu in the City’ Heads to UK
- AWN China Interview – Responses from Mr Robert Gilby, Chairman of the Singapore Media Festival Advisory Board
- Free Download: Special Annecy Edition of Animation World Magazine
- Pixomondo Creates the ‘Purrfect’ Big Kitten in ‘A Dog’s Way Home’
- Call for Entries: 2019 VIEW Awards Now Open for Submissions
- NFB’s ‘The Tesla World Light’ Launches for Free Online
- Warner Tunnels Out ‘Minecraft’ Release Date in 2022