Uptodown becomes the new member of the Unity Distribution Portal
Uptodown, one of the largest Android app stores, is proud to officially announce that it is the latest app store to join the Unity Distribution Portal (UDP), the most efficient way for game developers to publish their games across multiple stores.
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content.
- Game developers will be able to publish their games across multiple stores in a more efficient way through a single hub.
- Uptodown, the app store with more than 4.5 billion annual downloads, will be more accessible to a broader variety of game developers.
- Uptodown is set to use Santander Bank’s payment technology, allowing users to purchase apps and make secure in-app purchases from any geographic area.
- Uptodown will increase the visibility of video games in countries where it is highly influential such as Brazil, Mexico, the Middle East, Indonesia, Russia, and India, among others.
Uptodown is officially announcing that it will become part of the Unity Distribution Portal (UDP), the most efficient way for game developers to publish their games across multiple stores. As result, more than 600 studios that have already experienced UDP will have access to Uptodown’s 130 million monthly users.
The European-based app store will allow developers to publish their video games through a web-based platform in markets where it leads the distribution of Android apps such as Brazil, Mexico, the Middle East, Indonesia, Russia, and India, among others. Since it has no geographical restrictions, is available in 15 languages, and offers an easy and secure way to make in-app purchases using Santander Bank’s payment technology in all apps published through UDP, Uptodown could be a key instrument for developers regarding distribution and players engagement/satisfaction.
“Offering an alternative marketplace capable of providing a truly effective service for both developers and users has been a challenge. We’ve been working for two years to put our entire audience at the service of Unity’s developers. This project allows us to offer our more than 130 million monthly users a global and secure solution for acquiring games on Android”
Luis Hernandez, Uptodown’s CEO
In the first months of 2020, Unity saw an average of more than 5 billion downloads per month of applications built with Unity, making it one of the most important real-time 3D development tools in the world. With a one-stop distribution experience, UDP is the most efficient way for game developers to reach, publish, and operate their games across multiple stores in emerging markets.
Once registered in the Unity Distribution Portal, developers will be able to select the Uptodown App Store to easily and automatically distribute their software in a marketplace with more than 4.5 billion annual downloads.
Uptodown is an international platform for the digital distribution of applications specialized for Android, founded in 2002 and based in Malaga, Spain. Alternative and totally independent, this app store is based on the principle of respecting the privacy of the user, not being required to be registered and allowing software to be downloaded both from its own official app and through the web. It has a catalogue of more than 3.8 million apps, divided into thematic categories and hosted on its own servers, offering for each one an information sheet prepared by its team of editors and supplemented with the opinions of its users. Available in fifteen languages, it currently has 130 million active users worldwide, and facilitates more than 450 million downloads every month. https://www.uptodown.com/android
Source: Singleplayer PR
- AFM2023 starts to register now
- POP MART Announces Opening of First Permanent US Store at American Dream Mall in NJ
- Cooler Master has announced the GX II Gold series of power supply units
- 80TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE D-DAY LANDINGS
- Cooler Master Launches CMODX.com
- Metaverse Industrial Innovation and Development Three-Year Action Plan (2023-2025)
- “Backkom Bear: Mars Mission” premieres on 9/28
- Veteran industry executive, Kevin Suh, building global LBE strategy for WildBrain CPLG