Unity and NVIDIA Bring Real-Time Ray Tracing for 3D Production to the Table
Unity Technologies (unity3d.com), creator of the world’s most widely used real-time 3D development platform, is working closely with NVIDIA to offer production-focused early-access for real-time ray tracing in the High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP) starting Monday, with an optimized preview solution available for customers in the second half of 2019.
Once thought impossible to achieve, performant real-time ray tracing delivers, via the NVIDIA RTX platform, photorealistic image quality and lighting for any task where visual fidelity is essential, such as for design, engineering or marketing, at a fraction of the time of offline rendering solutions. The technology provides a key advantage to creators because it mimics the physical properties of light, allowing developers to make and dynamically alter creations that blur the line between real-time and reality.
“As part of our commitment to best-in-class visual fidelity graphics, we rolled out the preview of the High Definition Render Pipeline (HDRP) last year — a highly-optimized, state-of-the-art raster-based solution capable of achieving stunning graphics in real-time on consumer hardware. We built HDRP with the future in mind and today we’re excited to announce that we are working with NVIDIA to adopt its RTX real-time ray tracing capabilities so we could bring this technology to all,” said Natalya Tatarchuk, Vice President of Graphics, Unity Technologies. “Real-time ray tracing moves real-time graphics significantly closer to realism, opening the gates to global rendering effects never before possible in the real-time domain.”
- ‘YooHoo to the Rescue’ Makes a Splash in Russia, New Apps Debut
- Agisoft De-Lighter released
- Jim Henson Co.’s ‘Dinosaur Train’ Steams Ahead in MENA
- CGF, top Russia Animation Studio
- Transmedia storytelling by Greek creator Aristarchos Papadaniel (Syllipsis)
- Original animation work is on the rise, China’s animation industry continues to support “The Chinese School”
- Fire At Kyoto Animation, One Person Is Dead And Suspected Arsonist In Police Custody
- A Monstrous Undertaking: The VFX Behind Godzilla, Ghidorah, Mothra and Rodan