The universe calls – EGOSOFT releases X4: Foundations 3.0 Update and X4: Split Vendetta expansion
Würselen, March 31st, 2020 – EGOSOFT, one of Germany’s leading game development studios, has today significantly enlarged its current title X4: Foundations. Both the free major 3.0 Update to X4: Foundations and its first expansion, X4: Split Vendetta, are now available on Steam and GOG.
Launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88CFQaqs-xA
Over the past months, EGOSOFT has worked hard to make today’s 3.0 Update to X4: Foundations one of the biggest game updates in the company’s thirty-year history. In addition to a new storyline called “A Lever to Move the World”, which introduces diplomatic missions, the huge update also includes a new unlockable game start, three new stand-alone tutorial scenarios to help new pilots get started in the X-Universe, and numerous new gameplay elements.
The complete change log for the 3.0 Update includes more than 400 individual entries covering new features, weapons, sectors, improved gameplay elements, an upgraded user interface experience and many fixes. The full list is available in the EGOSOFT forums.
- New storyline, introducing diplomatic missions: “A lever to move the worlds”
- New systems to discover, experience and conquer
- Added French voice recordings
- 3 new stand-alone tutorial scenarios including a flight school
- New ships: Paranid Ares heavy fighter, Xenon T scout, Teladi Cormorant transporter
- New unlockable game start
- Virtual seminars and quicker skill progression for crew training
- Individual and group crew transfer
- Configurable alert system
- Ability to dock using a spacesuit
- Policing options for player-owned space
- Several new weapons
- Improved graphics engine
- Improved sound effects
- Improvements to menus including Map, Encyclopedia, Logical Station overview and Logbook
- More control over drones and turrets
- Alternative steering methods including head tracking systems and X3 retro mode
- Oxygen display when player is in spacesuit
- Search facility for Logbook
X4: Split Vendetta
X4: Split Vendetta is the next chapter in the X4: Foundations story. The expansion greatly increases the size of the universe and introduces two new Split family clans along with their economy, new ships, weapons and station modules.
Along with Update 3.0 to X4: Foundations, the X4: Split Vendetta expansion brings exciting new missions and adventures to the game. New game-starts allow an even more varied experience in the biggest sandbox this side of the galaxy! TRADE with the Split families or FIGHT against them; BUILD your own station designs based on the new modules, and THINK carefully on your path through the new diplomatic missions.
X4: Split Vendetta is now available on Steam and GOG ($14.99 / £12.49 / €14.99). X4: Split Vendetta is the first of two expansions that will be automatically available to owners of the X4: Foundations Collector’s Edition.
- New story missions and adventures with two new Split family clans
- Massive expansion of the universe
- Exciting new Split weapon technology
- Many new ships
- Lots of new station modules
- X4: Split Vendetta on Steam:
- X4: Split Vendetta on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/x4_split_vendetta
- X4: Foundations on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/392160/X4_Foundations/
- X4: Foundations on Steam: https://www.gog.com/game/x4_foundations
About the X series games
X series games are space simulations, played as action games from a first-person perspective in a living breathing universe, with TRADE FIGHT BUILD THINK as the common tag-line. The X series games are unique in their depth, simulating an entire universe of NPC ships and stations, forming a realistic economy. Each game consists of a huge universe, simulated from the bottom up. Hundreds of stations, and thousands of ships, trade goods among themselves. Prices change based on supply and demand; resources are mined and processed in several stages. This economy is linked directly to the simulation of major conflicts in a universe with dynamically-acting factions. Every player decision can dramatically change the future of the game universe.
EGOSOFT, founded in 1988, is one of Germany’s leading game developers. Its team of industry veterans and dedicated game enthusiasts entered the international stage with the widely-acclaimed X-Beyond the Frontier space simulation game in 1999. EGOSOFT is now exclusively dedicated to setting new standards in the space game genre and continuing to improve the gameplay experience for fans of the X Universe. For more information on EGOSOFT and its products visit https://www.egosoft.com.
- Europe’s Premier Game Developer Event announces new venue and call for speakers
- NBCUniversal LIFT Labs Accelerator: APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN
- PLATEUP! REACHES 1.5 MILLION STEAM COPIES SOLD
- REVIEW CODE REQUESTS NOW OPEN
- Nova Core Chaos:ready to cook
- Preserve, the Cozy Puzzle Nature-Building Game Coming to PC in Summer 2024
- Hot Wheels Let’s Race to Debut on Netflix March 4
- Tulipop Studios Announces Commission of Brand-New Seasonal Specials