THE PROMISE: A TRUE-CRIME SERIES ABOUT JENS SOERING
THE PROMISE: A TRUE-CRIME SERIES ABOUT JENS SOERING, ELIZABETH HAYSOM AND A 1980s-ERA DOUBLE MURDER
Production company Elsani & Neary Media (Cologne), along with distributor Mediawan Rights (Paris), have developed a fictional true-crime TV series based on the mysterious 1980s-era case of Jens Soering, Elizabeth Haysom and a chilling double murder.
Elsani & Neary Media are collaborating with former prisoner Jens Soering and with Marcus Vetter, director of the internationally successful KILLING FOR LOVE, a true-crime documentary about the case. Bastie Griese, managing director of studio operator MMC Movies Köln (THE FABULOUS DESTINY OF AMÉLIE POULAIN) joins the production team as co-producer.
Showrunners for THE PROMISE are producer Anita Elsani (55 STEPS starring Hilary Swank and Helena Bonham Carter) and writer/executive producer Ron Markus (BAD BANKS and Netflix’s DOGS OF BERLIN). “The story of Jens and Elizabeth is not only a crime thriller, but also a gripping love story about fateful dependence,” observes Elsani. “The case remains unsolved to this day and the search for the truth continues.”
Markus adds, “Jens and Liz’s journey from college to prison connects two dots that seem unreachably far away. Their story almost tortures me, that’s how painful it is.”
Renowned documentary filmmaker Vetter (KILLING FOR LOVE, HEART OF JENIN, TUNNEL TO FREEDOM) comments: “The story of Jens and Elizabeth has been with me for almost a decade. I’m delighted to be able to contribute my expertise as part of the creative team. A fictional series opens up a new narrative scope.”
“We are thrilled to partner with Elsani and Neary Media on this captivating and ambitious true crime project that will engage a global audience” Mediawan Rights MD Valérie Vleeschhouwer comments.
About Mediawan Rights – rights.mediawan.com
With Mediawan Rights, LS Distribution and Telmondis Distribution, Mediawan is one of the biggest players in Europe for the distribution and international co-production of content, with a diverse catalogue containing about 20,000 hours of programming.
The success of the Group’s distribution business relies on its unique positioning:
– a one-stop shop with all genres represented : legacy drama, high-end successful series and movies, feature films, documentaries, live performances, but also the biggest brands in animation
– a close collaboration with the producers so as to support them in the development and research of financing for ambitious coproduction projects
– close connections with the largest broadcasters and platforms, as well as renowned partners, in France and globally
- Cyber Group Studios Joins Forces with Nippon Animation to Co-Produce Feature-Length Film Based on Classic Japanese Series, Tico and Friends
- SHOOTING BEGINS FOR ZED’S NEW IN-HOUSE PRODUCTION NORMANDY: LAND OF WARRIORS ORIGINAL SERIES COMMISSIONED BY CURIOSITY
- At SIGGRAPH 2022 Digital Art Takes Center Stage With Gallery Experience, Featured Speaker Session
- Cyber Group Studios and Splash Entertainment Form CyberSplash Entertainment
- ROYAL SHAKESPEARE COMPANY CELEBRATES LAUNCH OF STAGE ADAPTATION OF MY NEIGHBOUR TOTORO
- NACON CONNECT WILL TAKE PLACE JULY 7, 2022
- Lakea, BAYZ and Animus together at BIG Festival 2022!
- the Ibero-American Animation League