The New Looney Tunes Shorts Will Launch On HBO Max In May
HBO Max, the new streaming service from Warnermedia, has set its launch date for May 27.
The service will offer content from Warnermedia’s vast library of holdings including Warner Bros. films and tv series, New Line, and library titles from DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, TruTV, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, and a selection of classic films curated in partnership with TCM.
HBO Max will also offer third-party acquired series and movie titles, including the streaming debut of most of Studio Ghibli’s film library.
But the big news for classical cartoon fans is that Warner Bros. Animation’s new “cartoonist-driven” Looney Tunes shorts will be available on launch day as a Max Original. They are being packaged as 80 11-minute episodes, with each episode comprised of shorts of varying lengths.
The original announcement for the project back in 2018 had indicated 1,000 minutes of new animation, so it looks like most of the new shorts being made (880 minutes’ worth) will be included in the HBO Max package. As far as we know, they’re still producing the full order, so some of the other shorts may debut at a later date or be available elsewhere.
Other previously-announced animation projects that will be available on HBO Max later in 2020 are:
Close Enough, a Max Original from J.G. Quintel (creator of Cartoon Network’s Regular Show), described as “a hilarious look at the surreal life of a millennial family living with roommates.”
Adventure Time: Distant Lands- BMO, the first of four hourlong Max Original specials based on the Cartoon Network series Adventure Time.
All South Park episodes.
By: AMID AMIDI/ Cartoon Brew
- Tencent Games to Showcase Latest Innovations in Game Development at GDC 2023
- The interest in Swedish game companies increases globally
- Stray Fawn Studio announces publishing branch
- Cyber Group Studios Expands Leadership Team
- Lexar Announces 512GB CFexpress Type-B Card DIAMOND Series
- Simon Philips Joins Global Entertainment Powerhouse Falcon’s Beyond as President
- Paramount Unites Brands for First Global E-Commerce Platform, Paramount Shop
- Nickelodeon’s ‘Together For Good’ initiative urges kids to embrace their individuality