The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild sequel finally has a title and launch date
A Breath of the Wild sequel was first announced all the way back in 2019 at the E3 gaming convention, and since then fans have been chomping at the bit for any and all information. It has been a couple of years since Nintendo first announced that it is working on a sequel to Breath of the Wild.
The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is the official title for the sequel to Breath of the Wild. The new trailer once again showcases that Link will spending much of his time exploring floating pieces of Hyrule in the sky, gliding between each new area.
According to the producers, the concept for a sequel stemmed from the fact they had too many ideas to fit into the original game. “Initially we were thinking of just DLC ideas, but then we had a lot of ideas and we said, ‘This is too many ideas, let’s just make one new game and start from scratch,'” Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma told Kotaku in 2019.
Originally, this game was planned for 2022, but was later pushed to 2023. Fortunately, it will still be releasing in the first half of next year, so it isn’t too far away. As of today, the game is planned to launch for Nintendo Switch on the 12th of May 2023.
- ONI: Thunder God’s Tale, An Animation Overflowing With Warmth
- AI Painting Popularized
- The 19th London International Animation Festival
- GDC 2023 Session Viewer Is Live And Here Are 3 Must-See Talks
- Unity announced that the merger with ironSource is complete on Nov. 11.
- Bob Iger returns as Disney CEO
- MobKing Makes World Market Premiere at AFM
- How to Say Goodbye is now available for Nintendo Switch, Steam and mobiles