The Annecy Festival Reveals Its VR Works in Competition!
If the health conditions allow, the Annecy Festival will be organising its first ever hybrid edition. After having announced a part of its Official Selection, let’s discover the films that will be included in the VR Works selection.
Among the 75 registered projects (28 of which are directed by women), 9 were selected.
A selection that was highlighted by its diversity of forms and statements. Daring films that force us to confront the real world, with Dislocation, Replacements (Penggantian) and 4 Feet High, works that bring a breath of fresh air, like with the passionate little investigator in Madrid Noir, or a child’s fantastical journey searching for his sister in Paper Birds. Also, different approaches that push narrative limits even further, such as Recoding Entropia, the aquatic adventure Biolum, as well as the intertwining stories in The Hangman at Home, that examine our darker sides and our humanity. Also, for the very first time in this selection, there is a Graduation Film, Strands of Mind.
VR The Hangman at Home (directed by Michelle et Uri KRANOT) / Biolum (directed by Abel KOHEN) / Replacements (Penggantian) (directed by Jonathan HAGARD)
9 works to discover during the Festival, from 14th to 19th June, in Annecy.
Important: the VR Works Official Selection will only be available on-site.
- Emmy Watch 2021: A Good Year to Watch Toons
- Shout! Factory Slates New Blu-ray Editions of Laika Animated Films for August and September
- First esports tournaments and leagues qualify for simplified visa application process
- ZED CONTINUES ITS BREAKTHROUGH IN THE NORTH AMERICAN MARKET
- By ARISTARCHOS PAPADANIEL Syllipsis Ltd. Director-Producer, ASIFA Hellas Founding member
- What Animation Does ViacomCBS Own?
- Inspiring new creativity in Hong Kong
- Pokémon Master Journeys: The Series Announced To Premiere This Summer