Tencent Sets Up US$100 Million Global Anti-Pandemic Fund to Support Fight Against COVID-19
Shenzhen, March 24, 2020 – Tencent Holdings Limited (“Tencent”, 00700.HK), a leading technology company, announces a US$100 million Global Anti-Pandemic Fund to support international efforts against COVID-19. The Fund will initially focus on the sourcing and donation of medical supplies, such as personal protective equipment (PPE) and other essential products, for hospitals and front-line healthcare workers.
“COVID-19 is drastically impacting people around the world. We are facing this challenge together and Tencent is committed to supporting the international emergency response. Based on the experience in China and feedback collected from hospitals around the world, we recognize there is an urgent need for PPEs and other medical supplies, particularly at the onset of the pandemic, when traditional supply channels cannot meet the sudden surge in need. By donating these supplies, we hope to help protect front-line medical professionals and workers who are fighting tirelessly and selflessly for all of us.” said Martin Lau, President of Tencent, “This is a critical moment that calls for global collaboration.”
Prior to the establishment of the Global Anti-Pandemic Fund, Tencent announced a China Anti-Pandemic Fund in February 2020 to support the fight against COVID-19. A total of RMB1.5 billion (approximately US$211 million) was allocated to donate medical supplies, provide technology support to combat the epidemic, offer funds for frontline workers, patients and their families, and contribute to research funding for medical treatment and public health to help fight the epidemic in China.
- Tencent Games to Showcase Latest Innovations in Game Development at GDC 2023
- The interest in Swedish game companies increases globally
- Stray Fawn Studio announces publishing branch
- Cyber Group Studios Expands Leadership Team
- Lexar Announces 512GB CFexpress Type-B Card DIAMOND Series
- Simon Philips Joins Global Entertainment Powerhouse Falcon’s Beyond as President
- Paramount Unites Brands for First Global E-Commerce Platform, Paramount Shop
- Nickelodeon’s ‘Together For Good’ initiative urges kids to embrace their individuality