SUNNY SIDE OF THE DOC 2020 ZED UNVEILS 3 NEW AND INSPIRING SCIENCE PROJECTS
Paris-based distributor and producer is attending the connected edition of the Sunny Side of the Doc, and will launch three new science projects, with a special focus on environmental issues.
From their spectacular machinery which allows them to catapult pollen, sweat tannin and release flammable gasses, to their complex vascular system, this two-part film will reveal the inner workings of flowers and trees. A revolutionary and immersive experience from plants’ perspective on survival, adaptation and evolution – thanks to the leading edge of technology.
This 2×52’ 4K by Thierry Berrod is produced by Mona Lisa Production for ARTE France, and will be delivered in Spring 2022
CLIMATE CHANGE: THE BRAIN PARADOX
We have never been so aware of the risk of collapse due to climate change. And yet, it seems we are unable to make the collective change the situation seems to demand. With a comprehensible approach, through eye-opening experiences and the latest advances in neuroscience, this investigation explores how our brain’s biases prevent climate action, and how we might overcome them.
Directed by Raphaël Hitier, and produced by Un Film à la patte for ARTE France, this 52’ 4K is slated for completion in Summer 2021.
MICROORGANISMS: THE AIR WE BREATH
We are all concerned about the quality of the air we breathe. But we are far from imagining what is above our head: The sky we thought we knew is actually home to a microscopic yet full-of-life world. Bacteria, viruses, but also fungus spores, algae, pollen, and even insects… How do they survive? What is their influence on our lives? With help of experts and using 3D visual effects, this 52’ 4K directed by Claire-Julie Parisot and produced by Les Films en Vrac for ARTE France, reveals the diversity and fragility of the air. Its delivery is scheduled for the End of 2020.
The audience is hungrier than ever for surprising and uplifting science, environment and social change-themed stories that help us make sense of our new world. Says Chloé PersynPreljocaj, Head of Distribution.
And these three projects tackle those topics through innovative angles.
- WELCOME TO THE UNIVERSE OF THE NET! Kolobanga Media reveals the new global project.
- Russian animated series Be-be-bears and Leo&Tig to be shown in MENA countries
- MIPCOM preps for Cannes return as Reed Midem unveils Covid-19 strategy
- SALON RENTALS: SUPPLYING AND SUPPORTING THE FILM & TV INDUSTRY FOR OVER 50 YEARS
- Tencent buys into Asian streaming platform iFlix
- YOGSCAST GAMES Announces the Tiny Teams Festival Celebrating Indie Development From 9-15 August
- ANTICIPATED SCI-FI MMO DUAL UNIVERSE REVOLUTIONIZES THE VIRTUAL WORLD WITH BETA LAUNCH ON AUGUST 27 AND ACCESSIBLE $6.99 SUBSCRIPTION
- Pixel-powered Polygons Boil Frogs