“Siege of Centauri” Arrives for Steam Early Access on April 16th
Set in the Ashes of the Singularity universe, the player takes on the role of commander of the defense of Earth’s first colony on Proxima Centauri. Stardock’s new take on the classic genre comes by leveraging its new game engine, first seen in Ashes of the Singularity™ and more recently in Star Control®: Origins.
“With tens of thousands of enemy machines pouring toward your base, we want to give players a very new experience of what it means to defend yourselves against overwhelming odds,” said Derek Paxton, lead designer for Siege of Centauri. “The benefits between a rail gun that fires 1 deadly round every 10 seconds and a high-speed plasma arc array that does low damage, but to dozens of enemies at once, is obvious to players, especially when they see a huge mothership surrounded by hundreds of escorts coming at them.”
The veteran strategy game developer is also incorporating some strategic elements to the genre, such as defending resources and deploying fast response teams to battle, providing players with difficult choices about which areas to defend and which areas to let go.
In the early access period for Siege of Centauri, players will:
- Defend Centauri: Gain access to new technologies and fight off enemy invaders from region to region.
- Deploy Your Defenses: An arsenal of emergency rapid deployment defenses are at your disposal. Use them in strategic locations to halt the swarm’s progress.
- Strike From Above: When all else fails, use your ship’s formidable capabilities from orbit to destroy your enemies.
Steam Early Access begins on April 16th for $9.99 and is designed to allow fans of the genre to get early input into game mechanics, pacing, and balance. You can add the game to your Steam wishlist or join the Founder’s Program and get access to the beta todayat www.siegeofcentauri.com.
Early Access Trailer: https://youtu.be/k1eERdxlbQw
Contact email@example.com for media inquiries.
About Stardock: Stardock is a developer and publisher of games and PC software founded in 1991 by internationally recognized technologist Bradley Wardell. Its games include Sins of a Solar Empire, Offworld Trading Company, Star Control: Origins, Galactic Civilizations and Ashes of the Singularity. Visit www.stardock.com to learn more
Source：StardockMore From ANIMATIONWorld:
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ and ‘Captain Marvel’ VFX Presentations Set for FMX 2019
- Sony Creative Products’ ‘Pingu in the City’ Heads to UK
- AWN China Interview – Responses from Mr Robert Gilby, Chairman of the Singapore Media Festival Advisory Board
- Free Download: Special Annecy Edition of Animation World Magazine
- Pixomondo Creates the ‘Purrfect’ Big Kitten in ‘A Dog’s Way Home’
- Call for Entries: 2019 VIEW Awards Now Open for Submissions
- NFB’s ‘The Tesla World Light’ Launches for Free Online
- Warner Tunnels Out ‘Minecraft’ Release Date in 2022