Rumba 1.0 – new animation tool
Mercenaries Engineering has announced it is working on Rumba 1.0, a new standalone 3D animation tool that aims to modernise and speed up workflows. Some of the features include the ability to pose characters with selection-less manipulators on the geometry, dedicated fingers and hands manipulators, and transparent handling of IK/FK and FK/IK.
Workflows include true non-destructive animation layers and easy-to-use constraint layers, the ability to keep each layer’s timing visible and easily mix and merge animations. Other features include drag and drop keyframes plus the ability to copy/paste over time, layers, controllers or characters.
According to the developers, Rumba offers a large selection of tools professionals would expect from modern software such as a professional curve editor, onion skinning, a poses and clips library, a multi-frame pose edition and motion trails.
Existing Maya rigs are supported, with the ability to add Rumba specific features. The software isn’t out yet, but interested artists can register on the software’s website to join a closed beta. To see it in action, watch a video on YouTube：
- The 2023 Greater Bay Area Science Forum was held in Guangzhou
- An Encounter of All Things Beautiful: The Cinematic Reboot of the Timeless Classic “Castle In The Sky”
- Sony & Warner Bros. Discovery Extend CEE Content Deal
- Tokyo Brings 2 Superb Animated Series to MIFA2023!
- Kanaban Graphics Comes to MIFA with Two Beautiful Animated Series for Kids!
- New Episodes of ‘Pokémon Ultimate Journeys: The Series’ Coming Soon to Netflix in the U.S.
- Eggy Party’s Workshop Creation & Social Media Contest Invites Online Creators To Show Their Talents
- Mise-En-Scene Company (MSC) sets U.S. Domestic theatrical for The Magnificent Meyersons