Rainbow Tags Lisle Licensing to Get ‘44 Cats’ Purring in UK
Global content company Rainbow (Winx Club) has partnered with Lisle Licensing to grow its brand-new, music-driven animation property 44 Cats (52 x 13’) across the U.K. The series debuted in the country on March 4 on Nick Jr., and will plant its paws on Pop TV in September.
44 Cats premiered in Italy last November with record-breaking TV ratings, and is already enjoying tremendous popularity throughout the world. The purrfectly cute and tune-filled series deals with central themes such as tolerance, diversity and altruism, combining positive values, action and comedy in a sophisticated CGI production for preschoolers. Starring are Lampo, Milady, Pilou and Meatball – four adorable kittens who are part of a band called The Buffycats, and are always eager to help others and find creative solutions to everyday problems.
“We are delighted to be working with Rainbow on 44 Cats. It is exciting to see so many first-class licensees already on board with the license, and we can’t wait to get to work. It will be a fantastic addition to our portfolio,” says Francesca Lisle, Licensing Director of Lisle Licensing.
Rainbow’s Head of CP Sales, Matteo Olivetti, commented, “We are thrilled to be working with Lisle Licensing and look forward to bringing the enthralling energy of 44 Cats to the U.K.”
Among the largest animation studios in Europe, Rainbow is an internationally renowned TV and movie producer that develops and distributes animated and live-action series and films for kids and families. Rainbow brands have enjoyed widespread licensing success across a multitude of categories — such as toys, video games, publishing, apparel and food — across territories throughout the world and through market leading licensees in each category.More From ANIMATIONWorld:
- One Night Only: Don’t Miss the SIGGRAPH 2019 Computer Animation Festival Electronic Theater
- Mifa 2019: A Record Attendance
- ‘Harry Potter: Wizards Unite’ to Launch Last Week
- Netflix Engineers Developed a Rumble Pack Feature During Latest Hack Day
- Dogs and Their Kids: Chris Renaud Talks ‘The Secret Life of Pets 2’
- A Yen for Quality: Japanese Animation Spotlight
- Belt and Road hailed as key outlets for Chinese productions
- Stunning! “Spirited Away” Chinese Poster